Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrazyKickCollector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
I love to find a replacement but something that looks exactly the same. I have been searching all over the web and I can find it. Maybe, someone here has seen it. I seen cases that are vertical but not horizontal. Please if you seen something similar or that case let me know.

Attachments

• fossilipadnvay05.jpg
    fossilipadnvay05.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 164

Raven45

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Seattle, WA area

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
do u know where i can get this case?

You get it from their site. Look up: Nerdrelow (or something similar).

This case was the one I originally wanted for both my MBP & iPad1...

But never bit the bullet seeing as it was never discussed in this forum and all threads pointed towards the portenzo. (Never got either)

CrazyKickCollector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
You get it from their site. Look up: Nerdrelow (or something similar).

This case was the one I originally wanted for both my MBP & iPad1...

But never bit the bullet seeing as it was never discussed in this forum and all threads pointed towards the portenzo. (Never got either)

i just love the fact that its hidden and it looks like a actual book not one with opening ports and etc. Im still searching for the perfect case. This is so much work.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
i just love the fact that its hidden and it looks like a actual book not one with opening ports and etc. Im still searching for the perfect case. This is so much work.

It really is. I too, loved the aspect of looking like you're carrying around only a book...but for $99 i'm not down. For me, the big upside is that I'd be carrying around my iPad in incognito mode...though the downsides for me are a lack of a typing angle, secure movie viewing angle (surface greatly factors with this book-case), etc.

It's too big of a purchase at $99 for me to grab it...even more if I personalized it; which I'd really like to...

CrazyKickCollector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
It really is. I too, loved the aspect of looking like you're carrying around only a book...but for $99 i'm not down. For me, the big upside is that I'd be carrying around my iPad in incognito mode...though the downsides for me are a lack of a typing angle, secure movie viewing angle (surface greatly factors with this book-case), etc.

It's too big of a purchase at $99 for me to grab it...even more if I personalized it; which I'd really like to...

i agree completely for an extra $120 I can upgrade my ipad. which case did you end up buying? I'm looking for a business case like the fossil one which will keep my ipad protected and hidden. I dont want any ports out in case it rains.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
i agree completely for an extra $120 I can upgrade my ipad. which case did you end up buying? I'm looking for a business case like the fossil one which will keep my ipad protected and hidden. I dont want any ports out in case it rains.

I've not yet purchased the iPad 2 but will most likely this weekend.
I'm still pondering between the 16gb or 32gb.

As for protection, I'm in the middle of finding a low priced Apple Smart Cover. I also just purchased a screen protector for the back of the iPad, but I will not be requiring screen protection for the screen itself. As for my case/bag, i've gone with the InCase Field Bag...which I just ordered online and hope it arrives at my home before I do in a week.

CrazyKickCollector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
I've not yet purchased the iPad 2 but will most likely this weekend.
I'm still pondering between the 16gb or 32gb.

As for protection, I'm in the middle of finding a low priced Apple Smart Cover. I also just purchased a screen protector for the back of the iPad, but I will not be requiring screen protection for the screen itself. As for my case/bag, i've gone with the InCase Field Bag...which I just ordered online and hope it arrives at my home before I do in a week.

32gb is worth it if u add music and videos but if not really all your going to add is apps

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
32gb is worth it if u add music and videos but if not really all your going to add is apps

in iTunes I have:

Music: 5GB's
Movies: 90GB's
TV Shows: 40GB's
Books: 6GBs
Apps: 20GB's

Obviously I don't need all on my iPad...but having my music and a few movies would be nice. W/ my last iPad 1 I found myself clamoring for space and being frugal w/ my app syncing. We'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.