Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rasheem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
hi im new to final cut and something seems to be messed up. None of my audio is playing. its not a question of tracks being muted. not even the previews of video or songs will play before adding them to the timeline. And its not my computer because itunes still plays so i know everything is working on my speakers and computer its just final cut. I think its probably an easy fix like checking a box in preferences but i cant find anything? PLEASE HELP

Rasheem said:
hi im new to final cut and something seems to be messed up. None of my audio is playing. its not a question of tracks being muted. not even the previews of video or songs will play before adding them to the timeline. And its not my computer because itunes still plays so i know everything is working on my speakers and computer its just final cut. I think its probably an easy fix like checking a box in preferences but i cant find anything? PLEASE HELP

Hmm. I'm getting the same issue in Final Cut Express HD.

Hmmm. I've been poking around, and in my case the video's with no audio are those that I've passed through VisualHub (they were files that used to play OK on my PC, but not on my Mac. I then passed them through VisualHub to convert to bog standard MPG.) Strange, as I get sound still in Quicktime.

Anything that's not gone through VisualHub imports correctly.

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
Is your camera attached via firewire to your computer? If so unplug it and restart fcp, sometimes if you have your camera attached fcp will play audio to it and not to your computer speakers. If that's not it, try checking under view/audiosettings and make sure it is set to default.

faustfire said:
Is your camera attached via firewire to your computer? If so unplug it and restart fcp, sometimes if you have your camera attached fcp will play audio to it and not to your computer speakers. If that's not it, try checking under view/audiosettings and make sure it is set to default.

Got it working in my case (converted media to MP4 format. No apparent loss of quality, and it works). The media was already taken off camera.

Of course, I can't speak for the original poster..... but I think we can say it's not likely to be a bug in FCE/FCP.

lukemilnes

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2006
England
No sound during Log & Capture. Blurred playback.

Hi i appear to be having the same problem.

When i connect my camera to my mac and load FCP5.1 > Log & Capture > Play... i get no sound from the camera or the computer speakers, but the video will playback onscreen.

Can anyone help?

Also the video has blurred lines across it whenever there are sharp camera movements. I used 2 different cameras during the shoot, and the footage from each is blurred, so im pretty sure its a problem with the settings i have in FCP.

Thanks.

virvang

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
I had this problem. I realized it was because I was not rendering the audio. TO render both the audio and video go to sequence>Render selection or Render all>both. This will render both the audio and video for the clips i your timeline.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I had this problem. I realized it was because I was not rendering the audio. TO render both the audio and video go to sequence>Render selection or Render all>both. This will render both the audio and video for the clips i your timeline.

And even better would be using properly encoded footage and audio, then no rendering would be needed.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post in such an old thread and even registered for it?

oconbrian

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
And even better would be using properly encoded footage and audio, then no rendering would be needed.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post in such an old thread and even registered for it?

I'm glad he posted, his comments solved the issue I was having.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.