Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Sorry this is a pretty "newb" question but...can it be done?

I have an iMac hooked it up to a regular printer (no wireless capabilities). Is there any way for me to print from my iPad?

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
You can download an app from the app store called "print n share" that lets you print out stuff to your printer, works great.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
If the iMac and iPad are in the same network, then give Printopia a try.
Ok wow, that worked perfectly. Easy to install, setup, and use.

You can download an app from the app store called "print n share" that lets you print out stuff to your printer, works great.
Couldn't find a free trial version for this one. Do you know if there's one available?

If it works, then I'd probably prefer it as it's cheaper that Printopia by about $12 or so.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Is there a way to reliably print to a PC networked printer? I don't have a Mac

Thanks

Printer Pro from Readdle has worked great for me. Installs on both Mac and Windows. From your iPad, prints web pages and other docs to connected printers and also to PDF. Also has mobile me and dropbox support. The PDF and cloud sync features are my favorite features.

In addition to printing to attached printers with the Printer Pro installed on the computer, Printer Pro also prints directly to non-Airprint networked printers using the Bonjour protocol - which many printers support.

Last edited:

eddieras

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
Printer Pro from Readdle has worked great for me. Installs on both Mac and Windows. From your iPad, prints web pages and other docs to connected printers and also to PDF. Also has mobile me and dropbox support. The PDF and cloud sync features are my favorite features.

In addition to printing to attached printers with the Printer Pro installed on the computer, Printer Pro also prints directly to non-Airprint networked printers using the Bonjour protocol - which many printers support.

thanks - i'll check that out - i've heard many have problems printing to networked pc's but this works reliably for you??

Sscrayzee

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
I use cortedo. Its a great app free and works with my wireless printer. Just take 2 min to sign up fr a free account i havent used anything else since.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
thanks - i'll check that out - i've heard many have problems printing to networked pc's but this works reliably for you??

I use a Mac at home and it works well there. Not sure about Windows PCs. The software seems to have it covered though so good luck. By the way, there's a free lite version but I never tested it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.