Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Hey all, just thought I'd post some pics for you guys on the Elago Note Leather iPad 2 Cover.

I was looking for a folio case that was thin just to keep my iPad in for meetings. I wasn't looking for something that I would use all the time and this works very well for that. I can put my iPad in very quickly, head to a meeting and then take it out with ease when I'm back.

The website photos show an elastic band on the cover. The band isn't attached to the case and I actually like that. I wasn't crazy about the band but was thinking I'd just live with it. Now I don't have to!

The leather's very nice but there are a couple of things I'm not crazy about.

1. The pen holder isn't large enough for my favorite pen (which is why it's not in the holder in the pic).
2. They embossed on the leather. It's not awful but I'd rather they put any embossing on the back or, preferably, on the inside of the cover.

Attachments

• Elago Case.jpg
    Elago Case.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Elago Case Open.jpg
    Elago Case Open.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 161

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
It looks very simple and utilitarian. Are you also using a film with your iPad as well by any chance, and if you are, does the iPad still fit easily?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Hey all, just thought I'd post some pics for you guys on the Elago Note Leather iPad 2 Cover.

I was looking for a folio case that was thin just to keep my iPad in for meetings. I wasn't looking for something that I would use all the time and this works very well for that. I can put my iPad in very quickly, head to a meeting and then take it out with ease when I'm back.

The website photos show an elastic band on the cover. The band isn't attached to the case and I actually like that. I wasn't crazy about the band but was thinking I'd just live with it. Now I don't have to!

The leather's very nice but there are a couple of things I'm not crazy about.

1. The pen holder isn't large enough for my favorite pen (which is why it's not in the holder in the pic).
2. They embossed on the leather. It's not awful but I'd rather they put any embossing on the back or, preferably, on the inside of the cover.

How can you write with such a fat pen? I would get cramps.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
It looks very simple and utilitarian. Are you also using a film with your iPad as well by any chance, and if you are, does the iPad still fit easily?

Yes, I have a film on the back and it still easily fits. Where it grips the side of the iPad feels like rubber inside and not leather which makes it fit well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.