Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kornbeef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Hi, I'm using a Logitech MX700 mouse and the drivers I downloaded online for it don't let me turn off mouse acceleration.

Playing Starcraft2 with acceleration is next to impossible, no precision for quick actions.

Any ideas on how to turn it off?

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
there's no 100% perfect solution sadly. things like usboverdrive can turn it off in theory, but sc2 doesn't play nice with them. I've tried many methods and these days tbh i usually play sc2 under bootcamp. :eek:

toolate

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
Doesn't it has 'Mouse acceleration fix' in Logitech drivers like Microsoft Intellipoint for Microsoft's mice?

I'm using Microsoft Intellimouse for now and it nicely overrides default Mac mouse behaviour, 100% genuine like in Windows. If I change Microsoft's mouse to Logitech G500, will I lose such option or not? I saw that it has similar option in Logitech Control Center for Mac, but haven't ever heard how does it works. Any comments from Logitech owners, please? Is it real to reproduce original Windows mouse behavior with Logitech drivers (like it done for Microsoft with it's own drivers) or I still be needed to use Steermouse/USBoverride, etc?.

toolate

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
If anybody has Logitech mouse, give me a note please: whether Logitech mouse driver has mouse acceleration override for Mac (which makes mouse acceleration similar to Windows's) or not.

jakeguy99

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
I assume you did the changes in windows? Switch back to windows change it there, then restart. see if that works. if anything uninstall the drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.