Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sonic04GT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2011
South Florida
I have a Gen1 iPad with the Apple keyboard dock. I noticed it has the line out on the back and want to get a reasonably priced set of speakers that will utilize that port. What are you guys rockin?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
if you have some coin to drop, I highly recommend the bose computer music monitors. they are tiny and sound pretty great, and the build quality is fantastic. and I am a semi audiophile who would normally NEVER recommend ANYTHING from bose.

musicmonitor.jpg

32875917-2-440-FT-2.gif

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Just got in the Monster iclarity hd - $65 on Amazon. I have it paired to the Ipad and iphone and this little guy works great. I didnt want to spend more than this for a speaker Id use sparingly.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Anything Bose is awesome!

A bit pricey but awesome!

I have to disagree. Bose is one of the most over priced brands there is. Vale wise they are poor. There are many other brands when it comes to speakers that are just as good or better and cost less. It seems like a lot of people out there here the Bose name and think they are getting quality at a good price. Bose basically sells on it's name.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I have to disagree. Bose is one of the most over priced brands there is. Vale wise they are poor. There are many other brands when it comes to speakers that are just as good or better and cost less. It seems like a lot of people out there here the Bose name and think they are getting quality at a good price. Bose basically sells on it's name.

Your opinion.....you're entitled to one and so am I!

tirnszw

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
if you have some coin to drop, I highly recommend the bose computer music monitors. they are tiny and sound pretty great, and the build quality is fantastic. and I am a semi audiophile who would normally NEVER recommend ANYTHING from bose.

I love my Bose MusicMonitor in black. It's highly portable (with original carrying bag), beautiful, and of high quality (made of aluminum), yet it produces great sound for the tiny size. Using them with many input sources.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.