Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mljones99

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
wallet, ipod, phone, headphones, calculator, notebook, textbook, occasional laptop, water bottle, pens/pencils/highlighters, etc... all that carried around in this...

-HQRVkLC3hFiLhwgBJSnaHdAYiChKePYwPXWdiyLu87iyBx-JWKKz9oA8mOf1oDA87joc-kHQkrEQHy5XkzsLbG0yzbksW6fC5aK7fQa4FJcQSm5QcIEdhdKu8I5WRt81ItB14yKYeoHN98I=s180-c

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Nice to see the glocks well represented here.

iPhone 3GS (holding out for 4s), money clip + cash, and depending on plans for the day, Glock 30 (.45acp subcompact) IWB.

dizzydot

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2010
UK
Nice to see the glocks well represented here.

iPhone 3GS (holding out for 4s), money clip + cash, and depending on plans for the day, Glock 30 (.45acp subcompact) IWB.

This is a genuine serious question here so please don't take offence as none is meant but why do so many of you carry guns with you? :confused:
I understand if you're in the police (do all american police carry guns?) but I guess from a UK perspective it just seems really weird to imagine joe bloggs walking down the road with a gun in his jacket.

As i said no offence meant I'm just curious.

mbp17xxx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Sydney
This is a genuine serious question here so please don't take offence as none is meant but why do so many of you carry guns with you? :confused:
I understand if you're in the police (do all american police carry guns?) but I guess from a UK perspective it just seems really weird to imagine joe bloggs walking down the road with a gun in his jacket.

To protect myself and my family against bad guys.
Cops can't protect you most of the time, on an actual crime there will be no cops, its just you and the bad guy, so better be ready with what you carry.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I conceal and carry the following stuff in my NorthFace Borealis + Waterfield VertiGo:

13" MBP 8GB
iPod1 32GB
WiMax Wifi hotspot
iPad1
Kindle DX
BookGem bookstand
Bose Q15 Noise Canceling headphones
Splash battery
Assorted cables
Pencil/pen case
Paper
Wallet

It is a lot of crap, but the world is my office :)

Attachments

• 3345276958_c1b939fd4a.jpg
    3345276958_c1b939fd4a.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 255

henry2

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2010

as a side note to this because a cop is to big to fit inside my pant's pocket..we carry because the basic idea of 911 is not going to protect me or my family when it come's time to defend ourself ..

since i have lived in the UK when it had more simple rule's about gun ownership & people could defend themself from attack by another person and not get into trouble for it ..

to a person outside the US it must look like we are still in the old west style of liveing but we are not ..

a pistol or rifle is a tool and as a tool you need to have with you..when i go into the back country to work cow's on the family ranch in Utah ..i carry a revolver with ammo and knife on the belt with me to protect me againest four leg & two leg animal's that are in the area..

most of the time i worry more about the upright two legged animals than the four legged type because of them growing pot or makeing meth in some of the back areas we have land at and the remoteness of the land and how far away help is to you..

sometime's when working those area's of the ranch we carry along a extra person who job is to watch out for these type of people and watch our back's at the same time..

in the city where it legal i carry a 1911 pistol in what is know as a CCW fashion under my jacket or shirt depending on the weather that is out there

pistol and rifle's are the tool that allow's us to defend ourself's from people who are going to take something from us because of there nature to not to have to work hard for what they want in life ..

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
So what's in your travel bag?

I've been traveling a lot more again lately and many times without a lot of prior notice. So I have started to make a list of the things I need to take with me in my travel bag. Just the bag, not the suitcase, no clothes, just gadgets, etc. After doing mine I was really interested what everyone else's looks like...

So I'll start:

Sunglasses
iPhone 4G
Passport + card holder + Frequent flyer cards
UE In-ear monitors
iPad
iPhone/iPad charger
Inflatable neck rest
Pen
Alcohol gel
Mints
Cash + credit cards

Depends on how long the trip is or where I am going:
MacBook Pro
Nikon D50
World adapters for my apple gear

It's really amazing how much stuff I am able to leave at home by having an iPhone. Sweetest thing ever.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Campus: black Jansport Superbreak
-Textbook (sometimes)
-1-3 Notebooks plus their folder.
-TI83 Calculator
-Clicker/Response Pad
-Pens, mechanical pencils, highlighter, black Sharpie
-Aluminum bottle for water/liquids
-First aid kit (plus- hand sanitizer, rubber gloves, condom, Pepto-Bismol tablets, and aspirin)
-Bicycle repair kit (extra tube, patches, Topeak all-in-one tool kit, [pump is on bike])
-Pepper Spray, Swiss Army knife

All other times: pockets
Keys, phone, wallet, chapstick

jansport-superbreak-black-11283219
41W61W3177L._AA300_.jpg

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
The start of a "what's in your bag" photo thread.

We've got laptops, phones, cameras, now iPads plus all the other daily work and non work essentials.

What's goes in your "Go Bag" and what kind of bag do you carry it in?

For me:
13" MBP
iPad
Canon SD790
1 file folder work papers
1 paper notebook
iPhone cable
WD 500gb hard drive

all fits well in a black Swiss Gear backpack.
(photo's to follow)

I love your icon. Chevy Camaro's are beast!!!

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
School Life:
MacBook May 2010 model
iPhone 4
Wallet
Keys
School ID
Military ID
State ID
Notebook
Textbooks (Depending on class, so far haven't had to use any)
iPhone charger
iPod Nano 5th Gen

Daily Life:
iPhone 4
Wallet
Keys
School ID
Military ID
State ID

Here are the bags I use for school (depending on how I feel):

Pink Sparse Tranquility 15.4 inch Laptop Padded Compartment Shoulder Messenger Bag for K-Cliffs Lifestyle

Pink Sparse Tranquility Carrying Case Sleeve fit Apple MacBook 13" and 13 - 14 inch Notebook Laptop Computer

Attachments

• 51Lfn3+jKlL.jpg
    51Lfn3+jKlL.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 51QXZua9xnL.jpg
    51QXZua9xnL.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 275
  • 51leVfbcPmL.jpg
    51leVfbcPmL.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 247

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
as a side note to this because a cop is to big to fit inside my pant's pocket..we carry because the basic idea of 911 is not going to protect me or my family when it come's time to defend ourself ..

since i have lived in the UK when it had more simple rule's about gun ownership & people could defend themself from attack by another person and not get into trouble for it ..

to a person outside the US it must look like we are still in the old west style of liveing but we are not ..

a pistol or rifle is a tool and as a tool you need to have with you..when i go into the back country to work cow's on the family ranch in Utah ..i carry a revolver with ammo and knife on the belt with me to protect me againest four leg & two leg animal's that are in the area..

most of the time i worry more about the upright two legged animals than the four legged type because of them growing pot or makeing meth in some of the back areas we have land at and the remoteness of the land and how far away help is to you..

sometime's when working those area's of the ranch we carry along a extra person who job is to watch out for these type of people and watch our back's at the same time..

in the city where it legal i carry a 1911 pistol in what is know as a CCW fashion under my jacket or shirt depending on the weather that is out there

pistol and rifle's are the tool that allow's us to defend ourself's from people who are going to take something from us because of there nature to not to have to work hard for what they want in life ..

Good answer. If I'm going out to the woods or river or anywhere remote I always have my .12 guage and a box of slugs just-in-case...;)
I'm just not trusting of people where I live, I live where crazy potheads and growers are down every street... As soon as I turn 21 and get back from deployment I'm going to get my concealed weapons permit and a Glock 23 .40S&W. I'm an American, and I have a RIGHT to bear and posess arms. :)
And no your not taking my guns form me government, just because ONE person goes psycho doesn't mean I am.

Last edited:

DrupNL

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
Good answer. If I'm going out to the woods or river or anywhere remote I always have my .12 guage and a box of slugs just-in-case...;)
I'm just not trusting of random people, as soon as I turn 21 and get back from deployment I'm going to get my concealed weapons permit and a Glock 23 .40S&W. I'm an American, and I have a RIGHT to bear and posess guns. :)
And no your not taking my guns form me government, just because ONE person goes syco doesn't mean I am.

You have misspelled "syco". You should not carry a gun...

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
15" MacBook Pro
Canon SD780 IS P&S
Bottle of Tylenol & Motrin
gagillion cables and misc adapters
Lots of USB drives too
Pens
Wallet
Keys

92151_Black-001.jpg
1140002-p-DETAILED.jpg

Canon EOS Rebel T3i
18-55 Kit Lens
55-250 lens
Battery packs/adapters
Lens Hoods
Battery grip
SD card wallet
Various cables/cords

Lowepro-SlingShot-202-AW-0.jpg

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
-Wallet
-IDiscs (Cdn Army version of dog tags)
-Keys
-iPhone
-Gerber Multitool
-Zippo
-Headphones

If I'm going to be doing work, I'll toss my notebook in my daybag. If I'm going out into the field, it's a massive list of about 100lbs of random stuff I gotta carry. Still take a laptop with me there though LOL.

Crusader

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2007
Macbook Air 13"
Ipad
Iphone
Olympus Pen E-PL1 Camera
Moleskine + Lamy fountain pen
Midori Travelers leather note book (my wallet)
Leatherman MUT (multitools)
Surefire A2 LED
A book for reading.
All in the 5.11 Rush Messenger bag..
Nikon3.jpg
[/IMG]

Pavijan

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Slovenia
in my bag:
-MacBook Pro (mid 2010)
-Moleskine
-Shades
-some USBs
-Water...

in my pockets:
- HTC Desire
- Wallet
- iPod Nano 1Generation
- Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Knife
- Keys, gum...

dsc05856.jpg

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA

I carry because I always have some pretty expensive equipment and travel from site to site, some are not so desirable. Also shooting is a hobby of mine for the past 10 years.

IMG_0597.jpg

photo-26.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

CorvetteZR1

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2011
UC San Diego
Wallet (back pocket), Keys (in hand), iPhone 4 (left front pocket). If I'm going to class then add these items, basic Jansport back pack and I mean really basic, like the one with only a front pocket and a large main pocket, 11" Macbook air in neoprene sleeve (plus charger), a couple single subject notebooks, pens and pencils, lip balm, glasses, maybe a book, and that's about it. I like to travel light since I'm kind of a minimalist and I have to walk a lot! : )

Also, if I know I'm going to be out ALL day, I'll bring sunscreen, some eye drops, a snack, maybe a pocket knife to fight off crooks and bums. Who knows? lol jk

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.