Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjp14

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
Wow.. that's an incredible building.

I wonder if they will call it THE Infinite Loop

MacsOnAnabolics

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
That looks like a version of the Large-Hadron Collider (LHC)! Maybe they are going to start investing in particle physics. ...future MacBook Pro will be called "QuantumBook," theoretically speaking that is. :rolleyes:

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
VERY IMPRESSIVE!! - was it me or did Steve speak longer at the council mtg then at the Keynote yesterday. Speaking of which why isn't he still there?

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

HiRez said:
It's like the civilian Pentagon.

It reminds me of "the doughnut" where GCHQ in the UK is based. Looks like it would be a great building! Very infinite-loopy!

GCHQ.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Communications_Headquarters

Last edited:

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
You know, for kids!

Very cute. I just re-watched the Hudsucker Proxy, a film I used to love. It wasn't as magical as when I was a kid, but it was fun. Now, I think that movie broke my MacBook Pro. The fan is all wonky as of yesterday. And I'm a year out from being able to budget for a replacement.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Oct 17, 2008
VERY IMPRESSIVE!! - was it me or did Steve speak longer at the council mtg then at the Keynote yesterday.

No doubt this is SJ's pet project so gets his time. Pretty big deal for  I reckon.

jworthy

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Jeez the onslaught of patently ridiculous question shows just how large the disparity is between the political-statist-do-nothings and the private producers like Apple.

Audacious demands like free Wi-Fi? Ridiculous questions about safety when one can't even build a fence anymore without municipal permits? And the finale of the mayor simultaneously gushing and begging. Enough to make one sick.

Only the one guy with years of corporate experience at HP had an appropriate response.

Those who can do. Those who can't work in government.

I agree 100%. Steve is absolutely right in saying that Cupertino should be the ones providing the free wi-fi with all the taxes Apple must be paying.

How typical of a government body to ask its people "what's in it for us?" instead of "what can we do for you?"

drewisanapple

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2011
Missouri
They mentioned an auditorium, much like one used for WWDC, so can we guess that future events will be held there after completion?

If so will it house more than 5,200?

drewisanapple

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2011
Missouri
I agree 100%. Steve is absolutely right in saying that Cupertino should be the ones providing the free wi-fi with all the taxes Apple must be paying.

How typical of a government body to ask its people "what's in it for us?" instead of "what can we do for you?"

In all honesty, wifi should be free. Anywhere.

wulf

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
what happens to this building in 50 years?

Apple's success is undeniable, but what happens in the future? I mean a large portion of apple's success is based on the ideology and leadership of Jobs. I don't think that apple's success will implode without Steve, but I mean, this guy is like a rock star! But what happens to the building, if Apple would be less successful? Is it likely that Apple can sell this building? I'm sure they have thought about it. I do think this was a question to be asked by the council. I do think this meeting was just an alibi to have mr Jobs in that room to actually promote Cupertino. I mean anyone could have done this well scripted hearing, right? So I guess Apple has done it's service to the community ... Judging from the reactions on this board I can tell it has worked. A lot of people want to work for Apple en live in Cupertino, even without free Wifi! :eek:

Horus

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
LOL

They have his highness himself in front of them, and the best they can come with is asking him for Free WiFi...

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
Is it all one giant window stretching all the way around the building?

The Cupertino area is not prone to the earthquakes that affect the region, I hope. Otherwise that will be a boatload of broken glass to sweep up! ;)

And while apricot orchards are nice... What?! No apple orchards?!!...
/
/
/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.