Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
Is there a way to display the exact contents on your iPad on your tv wirelessly. Huuuuge oversight by apple if you are not able to accomplish this with apple tv. They wouldn't be that dumb would they? I would have zero reason to purchase an apple tv if this is the case. They would be losing out on many customers including myself.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Is there a way to display the exact contents on your iPad on your tv wirelessly. Huuuuge oversight by apple if you are not able to accomplish this with apple tv. They wouldn't be that dumb would they? I would have zero reason to purchase an apple tv if this is the case. They would be losing out on many customers including myself.

The original iPad does not support mirroring. To my knowledge neither model supports wireless display capabilities.

doubledown7d

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
If not mistaken, looks like this is coming in iOS5 with iP2 and AppleTV. Looking forward to it.

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
The original iPad does not support mirroring. To my knowledge neither model supports wireless display capabilities.

iPad 1 does supports mirroring but only via a Cydia app for which you will need to jailbreak it. Wireless Mirroring is coming to iPad 2 via iOS 5 update.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
what on the TV is going to receive it? - I have a new LG 42" and it does have HDMI inputs - I assume you would have to find a bluetooth TV...or I guess USB? It does have that....

Last edited:

doubledown7d

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
what on the TV is going to receive it? - I have a new LG 42" and it does have HDMI inputs - I assume you would have to find a bluetooth TV...or I guess USB? It does have that....

Glen, as I mentioned above, it will require Apple TV :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.