Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kendo88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
When I am in settings on my iPhone and tap iCloud, the settings loads but I get a popup with the header saying verification failed, and it says bad URL. I can ok the popup and all the settings are there, but I just tried an icloud backup and it failed.

Everything works fine on my iPad though, so it's bit strange.

Just hoping I'm not alone? Anyone with the problem managed to fix it?

tblack2200

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Any luck elsewhere?

Hello,

Just found your post and am having the same issue. Installed iOS 5 on my iPad and it won't accept either of my Apple ID's. Both of which use an email address for the user ID.

Have you figured it out on your own or received a response on another forum?

Thanks

tblack2200

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Not sure what you mean

What did you change and where?

I even tried to create a new Apple ID, but when I click on the "Get Free Apple ID" button, it displays "Cannot create apple id. Unable to connect to server". I have Internet access.

caspian

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
Is the cloud server on or not?

Seems happening to me too. Verification failed. Bad URL and seems the camera has bugs...sometimes no pix but can take pix...Apple please read this.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
This service is not fully activated yet.
Once it is you will have a big mess.

caspian

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
I'm already in a mess

My calendar has double or triple entries. Now I just off my icloud and straight to My Mac calendar...hope it's not another mobileme screwup in the making!

karulid

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
My calendar has double or triple entries. Now I just off my icloud and straight to My Mac calendar...hope it's not another mobileme screwup in the making!

Connect your iPhone/iPad to iTunes, under info unselect sync iCal. This stops the duplicates and allows you to just use iCloud

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.