Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
hi guys,i have been doing some recordings lately ,but to be honest the quality sucks,is there a way to improve the quality of the recordings ,not just 8 khz?

thanks a lot for the help
daniel

ct77

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
iMAC G5dreamer said:
hi guys,i have been doing some recordings lately ,but to be honest the quality sucks,is there a way to improve the quality of the recordings ,not just 8 khz?

thanks a lot for the help
daniel

I have an iTalk and iPod as well, and to answer your question -- no way to improve the recording quality that I know of.

iTalk is marketed as a voice recorder, and for that purpose, 8 kHz is fine.

That's not to say I wouldn't welcome hi-fi iTalk recording (I would). What I have heard is that Apple's hands are tied by the recording industry. The RIAA doesn't want people taking iPods to concerts and making hi-fi recordings of their artists. Or so the story goes... :(

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
well it's kinda sad ,actually my only purpose is to record some tv shows in decent quality ,that can be listen to ,while im in the car because it sounds pretty lame when i record a cnn program or whatever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.