Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daman1212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
Do any of yall know of any Oregon Trail download sites?

Oregon trail three or lower would be the best

daman1212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
i dont care if it is educational. I am going to hunt it down!!
Anyway, I just wish somebody might have posted their apps from like OS7-9 on the web.
It is definitely not a game id spend money on though

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
I so was trying to find this as well!! I found it on *cough*; cannot mention those things here, but it did not work though I did the everything correctly.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Man I remember playing that game in elementry school on a Mac! It had a green display, not sure which one though. Be nice to play it again.

[EDIT]

sorryiwasdreami said:
I remember playing that shizzy in 6th grade on ][e's! Fun stuff. When you find it, be sure to post.

Must of have been that computer. What year were you in 6th grade?

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
has anyone been able to download ANY game off this site? Every game I try I get an error message. Some great games too... simctiy 2000, prince of persia 2, etc. :(

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
iKWICK7 said:
has anyone been able to download ANY game off this site? Every game I try I get an error message. Some great games too... simctiy 2000, prince of persia 2, etc. :(

Did you read the post "a sad day at the garden" on their forums? All the games were deleted by accident.

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Everything you need to play OTrail: Link

I don't think this counts as warez discussion, so please don't ban me if I'm wrong. ;)

P.S. Sorry to hear about the classic Mac game site's loss. That site was one of my favorites. I hope they recover their games. :(

angoodkind

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2005
Diskette 2?

When you reach a certain point in the trail, it asks you to insert side 2 of the diskette. This means to boot ortrai_2.bin. But when you do this, the app that loads on ortrail_2.bin asks you to insert side 1. Does anyone know what to do?
-Adam

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
angoodkind said:
When you reach a certain point in the trail, it asks you to insert side 2 of the diskette. This means to boot ortrai_2.bin. But when you do this, the app that loads on ortrail_2.bin asks you to insert side 1. Does anyone know what to do?
-Adam

I had the same problem!!! I was having so much fun then this happened. I feel like a kid again. I love this game. Maybe we must "save" it first? I have no idea. Any ideas?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I remember "Oregon Trail" from years ago. Never actually used it though. Almost purchased it once at a bargain price, but was concerned about Compatibility.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, very cool game. ;) I had OT and OT2 on CD but gave them away in a garage sale a year or two ago... :eek:

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
YES. Oregon Trail!

I remember back in 5th grade, advanced Science and Math classes, we had a few Apple ][e computers. We played Oregon Trail constantly.

No wonder my math is awful these days.

daman1212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
i just found the second edition under my desk!! I remember getting it from a box of frosted flakes

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
Before I just bought my first Mac, this old G3, my only experience with a Mac was back in elementary school. We played Oregon Trail on Macs back in the early 90's. I loved that game! It's a classic. Is it still as good now as it was back then?

I hope it has the staying power of a Mario, from Nintendo, back in the day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.