Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
What is the fastest, most reliable Remote Desktop app for the iPad available? Doesn't necessarily have to be free... I do have Parallels 6 for Mac and am enjoying it, so is the Parallels app for iPad the best?

One that would allow me to use my Apple Bluetooth keyboard would be awesome too.

All I want to use it for is Microsoft Word basically.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
I have iTeleport, Screens, and Splashtop. Screens by far looks the best but iTeleport is the one I find to work best and be the fastest.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Also, when I am using the Remote Desktop app, will what I am doing on the iPad show on the iMac? The reason I ask this I don't want my roommate seeing every little thing I am doing on my iPad from my dorm room.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Pocket cloud. I don't know why it doesn't get any love...the client even auto prmpts the keyboard (but is not necessary). I own winadmin and splash top as well, both are inferior in my opinion.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
I use iTeleport on iPhone, and I've used it on iPad, it works fantastically and allows you to remote in either using local protocols if you're on the network, and to remote in using your Google information.

In any case, yes, with almost all these apps, what you're working on WILL be seen on your iMac. I do believe though that Logmein has a mode that will blackout the machine's screen, but I'm fairly certain that the blackout functionality only comes by using one of Logmein's premium services.

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
For true rdp, itap is great. More on a pricier side, but with good feature set, it's worth it

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I do believe though that Logmein has a mode that will blackout the machine's screen, but I'm fairly certain that the blackout functionality only comes by using one of Logmein's premium services.

It's not. Free version has it.

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Do they all have apple Bluetooth keyboard support and can blackout the host computer's screen?

Rdp by nature blocks out the screen. It locks the computer while you are using it. Keep in mind, true RDP host is a windows only feature, that is available on xp pro, vista and 7 pro and ultimate. Plus most windows servers

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I think I'm going to go with splash top since it seems to be the most popular and has all the features, however, does anyone here know if the aplenty Bluetooth keyboard is supported to write in Microsoft word? Thanks for the help guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.