Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
I have a stylus which works well I suppose, for what it is supposed to do..

however I find the uses limited. Really all I see it as good for is penultimate hand written notes.

I do have writepad which to me is very long and slow, probably faster to use the soft keyboard.

So I wonder if I am missing out on some killer app(s) that stylus users out there think make the whole device sing.

notetaker HD just seems pointless to me as well...
what am I missing?

Thanks for any info!

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I usually use mine to flip through New York Times stories, and to fill in the crossword, when I'm eating breakfast. I use the stylus because it prevents me getting buttery fingerprints on the screen.

Don't laugh - it was a real problem for me when I first got my iPad!

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
Hey that's a legit reason!!

also, sorry, i meant to put this in the accessory forum if a mod wants to do that, that's fine.. otoh, here it gets more coverage! :)

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I use my stylus for list making, Scrabble, HOGs, flipping through Zite and other news sources, as well as reading various forums. The stylus tip is a lot more precise than my finger tip when it comes to tiny print. As VrDrew noted, it sure helps keep the screen clean. :)

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Probably no help for you, but I use mine for signatures. I have my own business and write my receipts on the iPad which my clients must sign to show they received a copy and when I need to sign contracts or stuff. Other than that, I don't use it for anything else.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
Could be helpful!

What software are you using for contract sign off, or did you import previous documents and just annotate them?

macrat

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
When I attend meetings or seminars, I use a Griffin stylus with the Note Plus app for note taking instead of using the keyboard. I can write a lot faster than I can type with this combo. But then again I'm also a lousy typist

The stylus also make it easier to do highlighting or annotating when reading books, not to mention "cut and paste" edits. :)

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Could be helpful!

What software are you using for contract sign off, or did you import previous documents and just annotate them?

I use PDF expert along with convert2pdf so anything that is not in PDF form I can covert on the fly. PDF expert also ties into dropbox so I have all my documents sync as I change them and can print ar home if I need to along with faxprintshare lite to fax any signed documents I need to and fax burner on the occasion I need to sign something and they can only get it to through fax.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I use my Pogo Sketch for drawing in Adobe Ideas, marking up architectural drawings while walking around jobsites and making notes/doodling in Penultimate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.