Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
My jailbroken apple tv keeps prompting me to update my software. And currently i have to option to rent movies from itunes. Are the 2 linked? i.e. should I just restore my appletv?

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
My jailbroken apple tv keeps prompting me to update my software. And currently i have to option to rent movies from itunes. Are the 2 linked? i.e. should I just restore my appletv?

I am JB too. But I am not on most current release, I am on the prior release (The first 4.3 release, whatever Apple calls it). I have the option to rent, but haven't actually tried to rent one lately. iTunes rentals are too expensive. But I certainly can get to the screen where you make the final decision.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
I am JB too. But I am not on most current release, I am on the prior release (The first 4.3 release, whatever Apple calls it). I have the option to rent, but haven't actually tried to rent one lately. iTunes rentals are too expensive. But I certainly can get to the screen where you make the final decision.

PS-there is a Cydia hack called "updatebegone" that I have installed because my XBMC kept crashing when Apple TV2 would prompt for the update. Now XBMC works great, and I am not prompted to update anymore. That may help you too.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
I installed updatebegone, works great thanks.

Got my rentals back too..... just restarted it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.