Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duncanbrodie1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
I was using express invoice for mac for quite some time. And its advertised as a free app, but recently it has been prompting me to purchase the full version and wouldn't allow me to use the service anymore so I've decided to switch to something within the app store. There are too many to choose from so I've decided to leave it someone's recommendation.
What I liked about express invoice is that it was simple, and allowed me to e-mail the invoice directly out of the program. Instead of saving to a PDF or something.

anybody's input is greatly appreciated.

Also, if it helps, I do commercial cinematography and photography through my small company.

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
I was using express invoice for mac for quite some time. And its advertised as a free app, but recently it has been prompting me to purchase the full version and wouldn't allow me to use the service anymore so I've decided to switch to something within the app store. There are too many to choose from so I've decided to leave it someone's recommendation.
What I liked about express invoice is that it was simple, and allowed me to e-mail the invoice directly out of the program. Instead of saving to a PDF or something.

Also, if it helps, I do commercial cinematography and photography through my small company.
Pages has some nice default invoice forms with automatic calculations, they are listed under 'forms' :)

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
yeah, i use pages as well (and numbers.. depends on the job/type of invoice).. it's pretty sweet though it may be a bit too much if all you're looking for is an invoice app.(?) (but it does have a simple Share->Send via Email option)

with iWork on iOS now, i can also open my invoice on my phone, enter all the info, and email the invoice from there.. super handy since i no longer need to have a laptop/desktop with internet connection for sending out invoices..

MetRob24

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
New York City
Check this app out, it will work pretty well for your small company.

Billings - http://www.marketcircle.com/billings/

It does exactly what you want it to do, invoice your Clients and send the invoices via email plus much more.

It works with all iOS Devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad's) and you can pretty much run your company from it. Combine it with Square app https://squareup.com/ for when you're on the go and need to charge your Clients, also works with all iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad's).

The combination of the two will work pretty well. Both apps are highly recommend in the Apple App and iTunes stores and also other well known review sites.

Hopes this helps.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Check this app out, it will work pretty well for your small company.

Billings - http://www.marketcircle.com/billings/

hmm.. that looks pretty sweet.. i'm going to check out the trial but i really like the idea of a central app that only deals with and tracks my invoicing instead of my current setup which has project folders with individual invoices,estimates,etc inside of each one..
thanks

lodndirtyshane

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
is express invoice compatible with mountain lion

I'm having trouble with my express invoice. I just downloaded mountain lion yesterday and this morning I sat down to create a quote.. My express invoice keeps shutting down on me..... Someone Plllllleeeaaassseee help!! Is anyone else having this issue??

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

I like to keep it simple for my invoicing needs and I just use the template built in to Microsoft Excel for Mac.

goooogle

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
build your own with FileMaker

I used to write invoices in Pages, then I tried a couple of OTS Solutions but wasn't satisfied. Now I have built my own solution in FileMaker. I have an invoice out per Mail in less than a minute, I keep track of incoming invoices as well, and it helps me fill tax forms. Was quite a bit of work, but now it is customized to my business and I am lighting fast. Give it a try.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Maybe a bit.....

overkill, but FileMaker can help you in your needs. In some instances of my working life I used it and even created my own invoices.

IMHO is worth taking a look.....:D

:):apple:

Devshree Mehta

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
Moon Invoice app for iOS and OSX

Check out Moon Invoice app for iOS and OSX

Moon Invoice is unique and 1st invoice app with iCloud sync for iOS and Mac OSX for small businesses and individual

● Main Modules:

- Invoices, estimates, purchase orders, customers, venders, payment receipts and multiple companies support
- 22 Professional PDF templates
iOS App : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moon-invoice/id676016958?mt=8
OSX App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moon-invoice-invoices-estimates/id813501886?mt=12

Last edited:
Reactions: moontechnolabs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.