Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holyindian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Hi all,

I have a couple of apps that i downloaded from AppStore , that i would like to keep hidden.
Is there any way i can hide these apps/icons??

I know there is a way to hide the default ipad icons such as itues, appstore, etc. But they are the default ipad apps. What about third party apps from app store?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Hi all,

I have a couple of apps that i downloaded from AppStore , that i would like to keep hidden.
Is there any way i can hide these apps/icons??

I know there is a way to hide the default ipad icons such as itues, appstore, etc. But they are the default ipad apps. What about third party apps from app store?

There is but you have to Jailbreak you iPad.

Google SBSettings

holyindian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
yea i use SBSetting on iphone to hide my icons. I was thinking if there is any paid app that can do this from app store.. or some other trick that i know not of.

smoge

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
this is a half solution, the app can only be accessed by the search page.

step 1 : Delete app.

step 2 : you need to fill all app space so empty all folders and fill remaining space with apps and safari bookmarks.

step 3: re-download app,
step 3.5 : you can delete some apps if you what but the app will not stay hidden if you have free space so it will just appear (not straight away).

Hoped that help (thats the only way I know)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
this is a half solution, the app can only be accessed by the search page.

step 1 : Delete app.

step 2 : you need to fill all app space so empty all folders and fill remaining space with apps and safari bookmarks.

step 3: re-download app,
step 3.5 : you can delete some apps if you what but the app will not stay hidden if you have free space so it will just appear (not straight away).

Hoped that help (thats the only way I know)

There's no need to delete and redownload the app, just put the app in the last position on the last page, then move in another app into the last page. This should bump the last app into the page beyond the last page, making it hidden.

Also, each page before the last page only needs to have one app.

It still seems like a lot of work to hide an app, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.