Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omen88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2002
Flanders (Belgium)
More than a week ago I ordered a DVI-ADC converter and a keyboard from the apple store. After 3 days they shipped it. 7 days later (after shipping) it's still not here. Now I have some questions:

1) Do they ship the keyboard and the cable together? I don't think they do, but I can see some progress in the keyboard shipment (some sad slow progress), but nothing for the converter. Not even an indication that the shipment has been picked up.

2) Apple gives me loads of tracking numbers on my weborder page, but there is none I can use on the TNT site to track my order. I have these numbers:
C7463903, 8018195800000010 for the adapter
00340422530001340751, 8018195800000020, RTML62222272 for the keyboard
They are all tagged with "Tracking number:" somewhere on the page. Also it clearly states carrier: TNT Nederland (which is the Netherlands).

This is driving me insane. My mini that I ordered a day after its introduction was promised to be delivered the 29th of Januari, then 10 februari, now 18 februari, but that will most likely be delayed again. I'm getting into such a load of trouble all because of Apple's lack of shipping on time.

JRM

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Omen88 said:
More than a week ago I ordered a DVI-ADC converter and a keyboard from the apple store. After 3 days they shipped it. 7 days later (after shipping) it's still not here. Now I have some questions:

1) Do they ship the keyboard and the cable together? I don't think they do, but I can see some progress in the keyboard shipment (some sad slow progress), but nothing for the converter. Not even an indication that the shipment has been picked up.

2) Apple gives me loads of tracking numbers on my weborder page, but there is none I can use on the TNT site to track my order. I have these numbers:
C7463903, 8018195800000010 for the adapter
00340422530001340751, 8018195800000020, RTML62222272 for the keyboard
They are all tagged with "Tracking number:" somewhere on the page. Also it clearly states carrier: TNT Nederland (which is the Netherlands).

This is driving me insane. My mini that I ordered a day after its introduction was promised to be delivered the 29th of Januari, then 10 februari, now 18 februari, but that will most likely be delayed again. I'm getting into such a load of trouble all because of Apple's lack of shipping on time.

I'd like to know how as well. as my PowerBook is out there in the wilderness and i don't know where it is!

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
You can ring up Apple and get things send separatly (as they come available).

I dont know about the tracking.

My PB is also out in the wilderness - somewhere between Singapore and Sydney I believe. I just got an email telling me I wont get my new PB until 3 March when I ordered on the 2 Feb!!!!

L

Lau

The waiting is a nightmare! This worked for me in the UK:

1 Don't even bother looking at the Apple website tracking page. I mean it. It is really not worth the effort.

2 Look on this site: some nice guys have written this, and it kept me sane whilst I was waiting. You'll need the 10 digit numbers starting with 800XXXXXXX.

http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

Hope it works, and don't worry, all slow delivery is forgiven once you get your stuff!

Edit: sorry, JRM, I think the site's Europe only, for TNT.

Omen88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2002
Flanders (Belgium)
Lau said:
The waiting is a nightmare! This worked for me in the UK:

1 Don't even bother looking at the Apple website tracking page. I mean it. It is really not worth the effort.

2 Look on this site: some nice guys have written this, and it kept me sane whilst I was waiting. You'll need the 10 digit numbers starting with 800XXXXXXX.

http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

Hope it works, and don't worry, all slow delivery is forgiven once you get your stuff!

Edit: sorry, JRM, I think the site's Europe only, for TNT.

Thanks a bunch! The site works splendidly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.