Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philip in al

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I'm sick and tired of renting from iTunes and not being able to finish a mover within the 24 hr limit. I've also lost many a rented move because I haven't watched it in the allotted 30 day period.

It seems to me that since the movie resides on my device, there should be a way to convert/ rip it and remove those restrictions. Does anyone know a way?

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm sick and tired of renting from iTunes and not being able to finish a mover within the 24 hr limit. I've also lost many a rented move because I haven't watched it in the allotted 30 day period.

It seems to me that since the movie resides on my device, there should be a way to convert/ rip it and remove those restrictions. Does anyone know a way?

Not legally.

I understand your struggles with finishing a movie within the 24-hour period, but maybe you should work on restraining your itchy trigger finger if you're renting a lot of movies and not watching them in 30 days. They won't leave the store, you can rent them later.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It doesn't sound like the iTunes rental feature is a good fit for your needs.

Have you looked into netflix streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.