Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Hey check out what I made. Not the best at photoshop, but def. pretty cool idea.

tell me your comments and PM me! :D

Attachments

• tiger.jpg
    tiger.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 312

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Tone down the X (fade it out some, more subtle), remove the It's Coming, and leave WWDC '05... put it in Myriad Semibold too, just like Apple... then it'd look like something they might make.

Good concept!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
nice, i like it, try some of the suggestions that others have posted, they might work well....good job though

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Cless said:
Tone down the X (fade it out some, more subtle), remove the It's Coming, and leave WWDC '05... put it in Myriad Semibold too, just like Apple... then it'd look like something they might make.

Good concept!

yeah, I was trying to remember the font they use, good ideas

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Very nice concept - I like the suggestion to use Apple's font, and I agree that Apple wouldn't use the "It's Coming" slogan.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Sweet. I dig it. Really nice concept. At first I thought that the font hindered it a bit and I was going to say to use Apple's main font. But I think this font gives it a more "jungle" look, which may or may not be a good thing.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
tech4all said:
Sweet. I dig it. Really nice concept. At first I thought that the font hindered it a bit and I was going to say to use Apple's main font. But I think this font gives it a more "jungle" look, which may or may not be a good thing.

yeah, after I looked for an apple font and coudln't remember it or find it, I thought it looked kinda of jungle like. But apple wouldn't do it I know. It took me a while to find a way to mask the image being reflected. I like the results a lot though. Maybe I am giving myself too much credit? ;)

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
It's alright . . . The tiger is too prominant, maybe just show a little fur, not the whole tiger.

Also the no periods between WWDC, it reminds me too much of W.W.J.D.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sooooooo much respect for anyone who can use photoshop!
:::eyes to the ceiling with a look of admiration in my furrowed brow:::

The only bit of advice I can offer is that the font you used screams 2002 IMO - kinda like a movie I saw about some little dude with a serious jewellery problem...

It looks wicked though!

cyanide

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2005
Chicago
to be honest..

i think it looks more like a poster for peter jackson's upcoming king kong. too lazy to make something to contest it though.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
A tiger attacking some black horned cattle would be more inviting. A tiger going to get a drink of water doesn't excite me.

Attachments

• crazyedison.gif
    crazyedison.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 3,161
  • crazyhenson.gif
    crazyhenson.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 465
  • crazyhitchcock.gif
    crazyhitchcock.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 9,524
  • crazymaria.gif
    crazymaria.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 12,364

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Here's my version. Can anyone tell me what font that Apple uses? I spent 30 minutes but this is my best one so far.

Attachments

• tiger-design.jpg
    tiger-design.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 152
  • crazyalberts.gif
    crazyalberts.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 647,776
  • bulletholes.gif
    bulletholes.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 299
  • crazyali.gif
    crazyali.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 574
  • crazyalien.gif
    crazyalien.gif
    2 KB · Views: 655
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.