Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
what firmware are you on?

do you have a passlock?

i've just played with it, seems it won't work if in lockinfo you have "hide slider" enabled (which i did).

it works now, but i'd prefer to not have the slider (like a screenshot above shows) and just have the icon.
Thanks for your help anyway, iisforiphone

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
i've just played with it, seems it won't work if in lockinfo you have "hide slider" enabled (which i did).

it works now, but i'd prefer to not have the slider (like a screenshot above shows) and just have the icon.

ahh i see, what if you used a winterboard theme to make the slide transparent? which would have the same visual as lockinfo hiding it

Centsy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011

Well you can use winterboard to hide the slider instead. That's what I did.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
iOS4.3 Transparent Slider works, tested and does just like the screenshot on page 1 looks like

Excellent! Thank you for your help. it does add a slight gradient but i'm not too fussed.

Cloud2go21Jun201117-06.png

budgynana

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
I have Verizon 4.2.6 and it works with passcode on. But.... once you go into camera and then exit camera, it bypasses the passcode rendering it useless.

Exact same problem here on 4.3.3 - quoting/repeating so it doesn't get lost in this thread.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
For those like me who can't bear to leave anything unthemed, I worked out how to theme the LS button for this tweak. Left image uses an alt icon from UpojenieHD, right uses an alt from Glasklart HD and is probably going to be my new default.

IMG_1000000727.PNG IMG_1000000728.PNG

In your Winterboard theme (lockscreen, icons, or make a new one just for CameraLock), navigate to Folders/SpringBoard.app, or add directories named exactly like these if needed. Take your preferred replacement icon from any icon set you have and add it twice to the SpringBoard.app folder. Name your icons as follows:

Code:
CLButton.png
CLButton@2x.png

Make sure your capitalization is correct. In Winterboard, select the theme and respring. Button should change on the lockscreen.

Tested on ip4/4.2.1 only. It does work with the native slider as well, but some icons may look better with that than others.

Edit: I've had a few requests to bundle this as a WB theme; icon is setup for retina screens only. You'll need to resize it for the 3GS. Others have now tested on firmware through 4.3.3. Theme includes a lighter, more transparent version of the GlasklartHD icon shown to the right above. Download CameraLock button theme

FYI--one thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is that this tweak works with six camera apps other than the native one. I'm using it now with Camera+, and it's working perfectly. Thanks to the OP for posting this thread or I never would have found this!

Last edited:

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
For those like me who can't bear to leave anything unthemed, I worked out how to theme the LS button for this tweak. Left image uses an alt icon from UpojenieHD, right uses an alt from Glasklart HD and is probably going to be my new default.

View attachment 290554 View attachment 290555

In your Winterboard theme (lockscreen, icons, or make a new one just for CameraLock), navigate to Folders/SpringBoard.app, or add directories named exactly like these if needed. Take your preferred replacement icon from any icon set you have and add it twice to the SpringBoard.app folder. Name your icons as follows:

Code:
CLButton.png
CLButton@2x.png

Make sure your capitalization is correct. In Winterboard, select the theme and respring. Button should change on the lockscreen.

Tested on ip4/4.2.1 only. It does work with the native slider as well, but some icons may look better with that than others.

FYI--one thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is that this tweak works with six camera apps other than the native one. I'm using it now with Camera+, and it's working perfectly. Thanks to the OP for posting this thread or I never would have found this!

Thanks for these directions. I tried to make a transparent png so the camera icon is invisible/hidden, but then the stock icon comes back. Any ideas on how to hide the camera icon?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Thanks for these directions. I tried to make a transparent png so the camera icon is invisible/hidden, but then the stock icon comes back. Any ideas on how to hide the camera icon?

Odd--I can't replicate this one on my phone. I used a 118x120 blank png (retina sized), renamed with the naming conventions above, and got exactly what I expected--no sign of a button, just the wallpaper of my theme, but when pushed in the usual spot, Camera+ popped open.

A difference between firmware versions maybe? If you follow the setup above with an actual solid image, what do you see? Path should be yourthemename/Folders/SpringBoard.app/CLButton.png (and CLButton@2x.png, of course), with caps in all the right places, or it won't work. WB typically requires with 2x.pngs that both files be in the folder even if they're absolutely identical in size.

If all else fails, the same thing can always be done without WB by replacing/renaming the original files. Those are located in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. I prefer to use WB to make later changes easier, but if it's the culprit here, changing the originals should work.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Odd--I can't replicate this one on my phone. I used a 118x120 blank png (retina sized), renamed with the naming conventions above, and got exactly what I expected--no sign of a button, just the wallpaper of my theme, but when pushed in the usual spot, Camera+ popped open.

A difference between firmware versions maybe? If you follow the setup above with an actual solid image, what do you see? Path should be yourthemename/Folders/SpringBoard.app/CLButton.png (and CLButton@2x.png, of course), with caps in all the right places, or it won't work. WB typically requires with 2x.pngs that both files be in the folder even if they're absolutely identical in size.

If all else fails, the same thing can always be done without WB by replacing/renaming the original files. Those are located in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. I prefer to use WB to make later changes easier, but if it's the culprit here, changing the originals should work.

OK, thanks, I think the problem might be that I am creating the transparent files wrong, although I think I am doing it right. I'm very new to PS, so maybe I need to figure it out a little better.

Here are the 2 files I was using if you don't mind checking if these should work or not. Thanks again for helping me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w7mub4gl4xccl1r

Edit: I just tried it again because I think those files are the wrong size, but it still goes v=back to the default icon. I can get them to change to different icons, so it must be something with the files I am creating. Here are the 2 I made 118x120:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0yywn4fi4mai9ch

Last edited:

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
OK, thanks, I think the problem might be that I am creating the transparent files wrong, although I think I am doing it right. I'm very new to PS, so maybe I need to figure it out a little better.

Here are the 2 files I was using if you don't mind checking if these should work or not. Thanks again for helping me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w7mub4gl4xccl1r

They look fine (sized for the 3GS, I'm assuming?), but just to be on the safe side, make the second one 118x120 (or 120x120). The only thing I can think of is since the 2x file you used is only 60x60, WB isn't scaling it correctly to cover if it's using it at all. WB is kind of weird with the 2x naming convention stuff, can't always predict what it's doing or how it's going to react--sometimes it stretches things where I least expect it to.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
They look fine (sized for the 3GS, I'm assuming?), but just to be on the safe side, make the second one 118x120 (or 120x120). The only thing I can think of is since the 2x file you used is only 60x60, WB isn't scaling it correctly to cover if it's using it at all. WB is kind of weird with the 2x naming convention stuff, can't always predict what it's doing or how it's going to react--sometimes it stretches things where I least expect it to.

Oops, I was editing my post when you posted this:D.

Anyway, I do have an iPhone 4, but I made new png's the correct size and it still goes back to the stock icon if I try to use my transparent ones. And I'm sure its not a naming or file path issue because I am able to use the Glasklart camera icon with no problems.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Oops, I was editing my post when you posted this:D.

Anyway, I do have an iPhone 4, but I made new png's the correct size and it still goes back to the stock icon if I try to use my transparent ones. And I'm sure its not a naming or file path issue because I am able to use the Glasklart camera icon with no problems.

Weird weird weird. Try replacing the original then would be all I can suggest. Just be sure to back them up/rename them just in case.

Eric Noa

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2008
Does this work for iOS 4.1 because I press on the camera icon on the lock screen and nothing happens.... it doesn't open the camera app.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Does this work for iOS 4.1 because I press on the camera icon on the lock screen and nothing happens.... it doesn't open the camera app.

Earlier in this thread, someone on the first page said it didn't. Looks like 4.2.1 and above only, based on experiences here. But you could contact the Dev to confirm as well.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Earlier in this thread, someone on the first page said it didn't. Looks like 4.2.1 and above only, based on experiences here. But you could contact the Dev to confirm as well.

yup, even 4.2.1 it only half works, the slider doesnt shrink to fit the camera icon, it just overlaps and doesnt look that good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.