Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
When I boot into XP using Boot Camp my touch pad works fine for moving the mouse cursor and I can scroll using 2 fingers, but when I tap my finger to click, that doesn't work (I have to actually use the button) and I have no way to right click. Ideas?

PhatBoyG

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't believe Gestures are supported.

If you enable the two-finger + click = right-click you should be set.

So click = click
Two fingers on pad + click = right click

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
Yeah, but the 2 finger right click is what isn't working. Nor is the the 1 finger left click for that matter.

PhatBoyG

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If you are talking about "tapping one finger on the actual pad to click" that is not supported. Neither is the tapping two fingers.

If you rest two fingers on the pad and click the actual button it will right-click.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
Ok, didn't realize I could rest 2 fingers on the pad to right click. Good. I was really getting worried without an external mouse there was no way.

PhatBoyG

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Yep. You can configure that for OSX as well so you don't have to change the way you think between the two systems as well.

nguyenvuduc

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Configure touch pad by using Bootcamp control panel

I know this thread is out of date.
But for in case of other new mac user: you can configure your touch pad for click by touch in Bootcamp control panel. Just open your control panel, and look for Bootcamp item.
You can configure your mac keyboard, touchpad, ...

Ensure that you have installed bootcamp from your Mac OS installation disk to have the Bootcamp item available in control panel.

Mine is Macbook with windows 7 sp1.
I am using rEFI for multiboot on mac box.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I was wondering if there was anyway to enable gestures (like the back and forward gestures)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.