Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Emails even when I'm just replying straight away are going into Drafts and staying there after being sent, and some doubling up as well, I can have several drafts of the same email even when they've gone in Sent folder after sending. Have to keep deleting loads of them, and many in duplicate. Is that a common thing or a setting somewhere somehow

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
OK guys, As nobody has answered this and you guys are always answering stuff, should I read into this that nobody has experienced this same problem and it's yet another quirk of MacMail? I wonder if Outlook is worth a try.... I just wanted to get away from the old crutches

Rowf

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
It's not an uncommon problem and appears to be a bug in the mail application.
Google the question and you'll find some potential workarounds and a lot of questions about it.

It depends on how you have your mail set-up to a degree so take a look around and try a few of the suggestions to see if you can find one that works for you.

Sorry that I can't be of more help but just so you know that it's not just you.....

Try googling the search term with macrumors.com on the end of the question and you will also find some queries about it here.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I get the same all the time and just delete them every so often

It looks like it saves a new draft every x amount of minutes while you are typing your mail, then when you send the draft doesn't get deleted

If you reply to an email quickly this doesn't happen

Be nice to hear a solution

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks guys, It's enough to know it's not just me. It's a weird one. That it only does it with some and not others, and even when I've been sitting on one for a fair while, it hadn't done it, but one I answer quickly it did.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.