Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bibliogeek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
So a few days ago I spilt tea on my MBP. When I opened it back up everything seemed to be in working condition, however a few of my keys were sticky. So, yesterday I took them off and started cleaning. That's when things went down hill.

Now, my keyboard will type two letters at the same time. For example, when I press "r" it will type "ry". It does this for the whole row. The Dashboard key brightens the screen and brings up the dashboard. 4 types 46. f types fh. v types vn. And space doesn't space.

Are things completely fried?

easepease

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Colorado
mine has a similar issue. Although its only the j and k m and , and u and i keys... any ideas form anyone? I tried a complete fresh install of OSX and also an external keyboard does work perfectly... any ideas?

lindstedt56

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Yeah I have had this problem before and its not something I want to have happen again.

Hopefully no liquid got on the connector that goes to the logic board.

I would try to clean the keys again, liquid might get into the rubber grommet thats right under the key..

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.