Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MParrott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
Guys,

I would love to see what (if anything) you guys are using to get the best possible sound our of your iDevice... I've found a couple of things that I have enjoyed so far.

This picture shows an indeed amp I'm trying out, and have enjoyed so far. I'm using a belkin docking station with it and it seems to produce pretty good sound quality in this setup.
index.cgi

In the car, I've been using this thing. It works great in my vehicle, but terribly in my wife's. It must have something to do with the way the power jacks are wired.
index.cgi

The headphone jack on the ipod just doesn't produce the quality i get through these. What are you guys using?

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
I use a Headstage Arrow (3rd Generation) & a nicely made (though overly priced) LOD. Much more $$ than most will be willing to spend, & the wait time for getting the amp can be infuriating if you're a instant gratification person like me, but an awesome addition.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I use the FiiO E5 headphone amplifier on mine and while it enhances my Bose Around the Ear (has flat bass response normally), other mid range head phones, it actually made my higher end Sennheiser HD 495s sound worse.

cmoore49

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
Nuforce has a lot of DAC's for the iPad,iPod,iPhone.
Checkout their website. Nuforce.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.