Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Please join me in welcoming six new moderators to our ranks. These volunteers, who are experienced members of our community, will assist users, enforce forum rules, and help us set site policies.

Our new moderators:
840quadra, who joined MacRumors in 2005 and lives in the Twin Cities Minnesota.

balamw, who joined MacRumors in 2005 and lives in the Boston area of Massachusetts.

Hellhammer, who joined MacRumors in 2008 and lives in Helsinki, Finland.

maflynn, who joined MacRumors in 2009 and lives in the Boston area of Massachusetts.

OllyW, who joined MacRumors in 2005 and lives in Black Country, UK.

robbieduncan, who joined MacRumors in 2002 and lives in London, UK.

The goals of the administrators and moderators is to keep the forums enjoyable and useful for both forum members and site visitors. Enforcement of the rules is based on twin goals of consistency and fairness.

We're glad that these six outstanding forum members, whose helpfulness over the years you may already have noticed, agreed to join our moderation team and continue their service to other users in an official role. We are grateful to all of our moderators for their assistance to the site and to their fellow members and for accepting so much responsibility on your behalf.

Welcome, new moderators! :)

The selection process

The selection of moderators is a slow, careful process. We start with recommendations from the current moderators, looking for users with the right personality and instincts: helpful, friendly, rational, fair, those whose participation has consistently been a benefit to their fellow forum members. These we choose excel in many ways and are well-suited for the role we ask them to take as moderators.

You can find the full list of administrators and moderators on the Forum Leaders page.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks to Q and the other mods/admins to think of me so highly to consider me for this position

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Congrats, guys. Please don't disappear from the site like most mods have in the recent past.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I voted to have their title read "n00b Moderator" until they proved their worth
But apparently I was overruled

Congrats and welcome to the jungle ;)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I voted to have their title read "n00b Moderator" until they proved their worth
But apparently I was overruled

Congrats and welcome to the jungle ;)

Don't you think it's time to let the scars of your mod hazing go? :D

Nov 28, 2010
located
Congratulations to the poor bastards, nice to see three more European moderators. That should help getting faster responses I guess, as many spam posts still took some time to get deleted.

Out of interest, why are moderators becoming Demi-Gods? Do they even have to pay now for being here? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.