Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickenbeatle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
I checked the audio settings in Garageband and system preferences. It was working just fine, then when I went back to a rough drum track I had that I was going to redo, there was no sound. Now, there is no sound at all, on any of the tracks. Any help? I am getting frustrated.

rickenbeatle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
I sure did. I just tried starting a new project too, and it has sound, but I don't want to have to start all over.

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
If other projects have sound then double triple check your settings, solos, mutes and whatnot.

rickenbeatle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Ok, well I guess I am going to just copy and paste every track into an new project. I wish you could have multiple projects open at once. It would make it a lot easier.

BashBrannigan

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2008
Toronto
This got my sound back for me

I checked the audio settings in Garageband and system preferences. It was working just fine, then when I went back to a rough drum track I had that I was going to redo, there was no sound. Now, there is no sound at all, on any of the tracks. Any help? I am getting frustrated.

In Garage band choose Garage Band>Preferences>Audio/MIDI

if anything besides "Built-in Output" is chosen, such as "Air Play", choose "Builtin Output". In my case it asked if I wanted to choose those drivers. After this the sound returne.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.