Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eknirb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
SF Bay Area
My iTunes account says there are three computers authorized to play my songs.

1) DELL from 2002.........gone.
2) imac from 2007.........gone.

3) current PC makes #3.

Imminent iMac would make #4...iPad2 would make #5?

How do I get those first two offa my account?

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
As far as I know the only option is just to deauthorize all the computers when you reach the "5" limit and then when you go to play a song on one of your PC's it will ask you to authorize that machine...

You can only do this once in a 1 month period and you only get the option when you have 5 computers authorized

The iPad (and iPhones and iPods) does not count as a computer so you won't reach the 5 limit for a while

There may be another way but that one is simple and easy enough.....

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
The option says disauthorize THIS computer. That makes the others go away too?

No - it just deauthorizes that computer. You cannot deauthorize other computers unless you sign onto iTunes on them

You only get the opportunity to deauthorize all when you have authorized 5..

Ipads dont count so you will still only have 4 computers...

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
The option says disauthorize THIS computer. That makes the others go away too?

You can only deauthorize the computer on which the iTunes software is running, or you can call Apple to deauthorize all your computers. No need to do that as long as you have two more authorizations available. You would usually "deauthorize this computer" before you sell it, or before you quit using it.

When they deauthorize all your computers, you just have to authorize all those again that you actually use; iTunes will tell you when you have to do that.

dsnows

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Virginia
From Apple support web site...

You can deauthorize all computers connected to your Apple ID if you've reached the maximum five authorizations:

Click iTunes Store on the left side of iTunes.
If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
Click the Account button again (your Apple ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than two authorized computers. If you need assistance on using this feature, please contact iTunes Store support via email (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/).

marikavs

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2006
My iTunes account says there are three computers authorized to play my songs.

1) DELL from 2002.........gone.
2) imac from 2007.........gone.

3) current PC makes #3.

Imminent iMac would make #4...iPad2 would make #5?

How do I get those first two offa my account?

How did you manage to get that list? I can't seem to find any way to do so. According to the iTunes account I have authorized four computers, but I only know of two...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.