Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
I think it's the other way around: demis are becoming mods.

I thought that too, but many were not Demis before, thus my interest. When the last batch of moderators was announced last year, I didn't pay that much attention to the previous states of their membership, but saw, that every moderator seems to be a Demi-God.
Maybe once a moderator has been named (in the inner circle of MR), they are forced to pay some kind of fee, otherwise they would be forced to go to 4chan.
I don't know really, but I try to.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Definitely good picks all around this time.

Especially gratified that no moderator wannabes were named.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Thanks for the welcome folks. I just hope I can do the job justice! There are some really hard working moderators at the round table. Many of us recruits feel a bit intimidated.

That round table is in a dark smoky room, and everyone is wearing :cool: .

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Congrats guys. Missed this thread for some reason.

Noticing the larger avatars and new titles on a few of you caused me to see if an announcement was made....

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Congrats guys. Missed this thread for some reason.

Noticing the larger avatars and new titles on a few of you caused me to see if an announcement was made....

No flies on you.

(Note to new mods: This is the type of personal attack you should be on the lookout for)

:D

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
A-ha! Mystery solved - I wondered what robbieduncan was doing, editing other people's posts left, right and centre....

Excellent news - congrats new mods.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Congratulations to you all! And, of course, to those who were anointed previously.

Congrats, guys. Please don't disappear from the site like most mods have in the recent past.
I can't fathom how someone could do that.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
A-ha! Mystery solved - I wondered what robbieduncan was doing, editing other people's posts left, right and centre....

Excellent news - congrats new mods.

He better not touch mine. I have pictures from Annapolis last summer. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.