Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

captsanner295

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
I am looking for a slick wood case/sleeve. Just curious if anyone has any sleepers I havent heard about. I just need names Ill look the rest up.

Ive seen blackbox, miniot, substrata any other ones to check out?

Thanks

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I am looking for a slick wood case/sleeve. Just curious if anyone has any sleepers I havent heard about. I just need names Ill look the rest up.

Ive seen blackbox, miniot, substrata any other ones to check out?

Thanks

Beware. If some of the "veteran" members of Macrumors get wind of this question you'll be chewed out for not researching all the existing threads before posting such a preposterous question.

captsanner295

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Good thing I did do several searches specifically about wood cases. Although I did not go through the generic case threads. If they get their briefs in a bunch because I asked for help on a help forum oh well. Thanks.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I help make the substrata cases. I only hollow them out on my cnc router. the work put into them is pretty crazy.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I like the look of the Substrata cases but they seem to add a lot of bulk and weight. I've decided to order a Grove case primarily because of their leather smart cover but also they don't look like they add a lot of bulk or weight. I just wish I didn't have to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Those are awesome wooden cases, but I don't want to pay over $100- for a case. There is someone selling some blackbox cases on Ebay for $39-, but I'm not sure I like those.

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.