Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xMBPx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
I just got my iPod back from a pawn shop from being stolen...the battery was drained because it's been gone for 3 weeks. It wasn't cleared, because my background picture is still there. However, when i charged it, it won't let me enter my password for 22,000,000 minutes.... What should I do?

My MacBook pro is at the apple store for a repair right now, so I cant connect it yet. But will connecting it to the original iTunes/mbp solve my problem?

Is there ANY way to fix it without a restore?

Thanks...

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
Bringing it in and out of the 'Connect to iTunes' screen works for me anytime my iPod won't let me retry entering my password for a few minutes.

aeneid

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
California
Try putting it into DFU mode, and then rebooting it. Maybe that works. And connecting it to the Mac will unlock it, I believe you won't have to restore it. And even if you did you should have all your media so you should be okay.

Cheers

Newfiedog95

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
Just plug it into the computer that your iTunes account is on, start up iTunes it's should start to sync by itself if not start the sync BUT MAKE SURE U STOP THE SYNC RIGHT AFTER YOU START IT because there is a chance that the person who stole it might of got in to it and changed something important and if it syncs then your going to have a long boring time puting it back to normal. Then the iPod should be able to have the password put into it. Hope this helped :)

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
Maybe you should connect with iTunes, and then hold on home and power button till iTunes told you that there is an unknown device need to be restored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.