Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirius389

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2009
Clifton, NJ
That one won't work because there needs to be a cutout in the case for the magnets on the smart cover. That case doesn't have a cutout.

mrmomoman

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Cases for Smart Covers

I just joined recently to read feedback on certain items for the IPAD/IPHONE accessories market.

Is there a large demand for items like the MacAlly thin profile cases that will be compatible with the Smart Cases?

We can manufacture some of these items and have produced some samples for our clients for a bulk non-labeled wholesale market.

I am not selling anything just asking for feedback. Would your influence to purchase lets say an item from ebay for $15.99 + shipping from Hong Kong or from a company based out of Tampa, FL for $24.99 or $29.99 with a retail box and warranty be based on you ability to deal with someone locally(US) or would the price be more important?

We all know that it can take 15-20 days to arrive from Hong Kong from Ebay as well as pretty much a non-existent return policy.

We are very familiar with the market brands. Just seeing if we can compete with same/similar items with better price points and quicker shipping.

Thanks for any feedback and I hope I am not breaking any rules.

James Huang

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2011
Taipei city, Taiwan
Hello,

I would like to say that, If you already has an ipad 2 smart cover, then you need to buy a smart cover mate, if you haven't bought the smart cover yet, then this ipad 2 smart cover would be perfect to you. The smart cover will not work on the original iPad. This is because the iPad 2 has magnets built in, which clip on with the case, but the first gen doesn't. Also, the original iPad doesn't have the software to wake the iPad from sleep when the cover is opened.

Thanks a lot again
James Huang

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.