Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I remember with fondness the end game credits for Halo Reach. "It's been one hell of a ride!" No more Halo (sniff). :(

But wait, not only is the original being remastered, but a new Halo 4 has been announced for the end of 2012.

You know they could not resist making all that money. I just wonder how good it will be compared to the original trilogy as some new innovation in game play, some new compelling story, or just a grab to suck more money out of Halo fans? ;) It remains to be seen.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Bleh, "I gave up the fight" after Halo 2. That ending soured things for me. Tried Halo 3 and it seemed ancient. The pacing, gameplay, graphics, story.
I'll get that Halo 1 remake in a heartbeat. But Halo 4 and the rest of this "new trilogy"? No sir.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Give me Halo: Anniversary, I have pitched a tent like that over a game in years.

Co-op over Xbox Live? Thank you!

My reaction to Halo 4 was.. "Might be worth picking up"

Lotso

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
OC, California
It's a new Halo game. I'll definitely play it! It's such a long way away though, so right now I'm looking more forward to Halo Anniversary.

Btw anyone who wants to play some Reach or H3, my Gamertag is: Mr_Lotso.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Halo 4 should be worth buying, but I don't know how they can top reach. I'm more excited about the remake. I'll probably buy 4 just to keep up with the multiplayer stuff on live. I hope 4 is better than 3 though. Anything I did with 3 was pretty much a collective meh. 343 has a heck of a legacy to live up to, especially after Reach, so I'm interested to see what comes of it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
With it's great vibes, Halo is rebootable as long as they come up with something different. How many times can you fight the covenant? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.