Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AluminumMB

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
The battery percentage, date, weather, and clock are widgets made using Minimalistic Text Widget. The power bar widget is Widgetsoid2.x, which I use on all of my screens, and it has an option to show no background or bottom indicator, which is what I did with mine.

cool thanks man

I tried semi folder but cannot seem to change folder icon to the arrow icon. I also cannot put it right in the middle like your android shows. How do you set that in semi folder?

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
cool thanks man

I tried semi folder but cannot seem to change folder icon to the arrow icon. I also cannot put it right in the middle like your android shows. How do you set that in semi folder?

To change the icon:

1. Open Simi Folder, go to whatever folder you are trying to change the icon for, then go to settings, and then widget settings.

2. Open the first option and locate the icon through the gallery.

3. After that go to the next setting and choose the 4th option in the left column. That will make it so that only the arrow icon is showing.

4. Add the widget to a homescreen and let me know if it worked.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE HITTING "OK" AND "SAVE" FOR EVERYTHING. THIS WAS SOMETHING I ALWAYS FORGOT TO DO AND KEPT THINKING THE PROGRAM WAS BROKEN :)

To center the icon, you have to choose the correct widget size. Assuming you have a grid that is 4 spaces wide, when adding a widget to your homescreen, make it 2x1. Depending on your setup, it may or may not be centered immediately. If not, just drag it into the correct position. Also, if you're using a launcher that allows you to change the size of widgets, you can do this manually.

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
snap20110702_232404.png

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
Update of mine. It's pretty different from my previous posts. I've moved away from styling my homescreen and embraced a more efficient setup. I've condensed down to only one screen. There isn't much eye-candy, but that is something I don't really care about anymore.

u8kQy.png

Last edited:

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Haven't been to MR in a while, and thus haven't posted in this thread for a while either. Here are the setups on my current lineup of phones as of right now....

Samsung Droid Charge - GummyCharged 1.8.7 (2.3.4 GB)
0uKnV.png
2nmAN.png

----------------------------------------

My Captivate is running MIUI right now, but it's still pretty stock, as far as MIUI setups go....

Samsung Captivate - MIUI 1.8.5 (2.3.5 GB)
FrvPb.png
ogZHU.png

HHPss.png
2urSY.png

----------------------------------------

And finally, my new LG Thrill is still basically stock, although rooted, but not much fancy....

LG Thrill - stock Optimus skin (2.2.1 FR)
OGELC.png
Wog68.png

Last edited by a moderator:

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
Haven't been to MR in a while, and thus haven't posted in this thread for a while either. Here are the setups on my current lineup of phones as of right now....

Samsung Droid Charge - GummyCharged 1.8.7 (2.3.4 GB)

My Captivate is running MIUI right now, but it's still pretty stock, as far as MIUI setups go....

Samsung Captivate - MIUI 1.8.5 (2.3.5 GB)

And finally, my new LG Thrill is still basically stock, although rooted, but not much fancy....

LG Thrill - stock Optimus skin (2.2.1 FR)

Damn, why do you have so many phones? :eek:

----------

Recently updated my Fascinate to CM7 (Nightly 13). I didn't really change my setup too much.

JgFfu.png

Last edited:

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Damn, why do you have so many phones? :eek:
I work in Finance for AT&T. The Thrill is my work phone, provided by them. The Captivate is my old personal line, and with the employee plan, is essentially free. The Charge was purchased recently, before VZW did away with their "Unlimited" plans, to use mainly as an LTE hotspot for all my mobile items. So, yea it's 3 phones, but I only have one real bill. Well, that, and I just really like cell phones and toying with them, so the more the merrier.

Zaap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My Droid X running stock Gingerbread with GoLauncher. Also using Beautiful Widgets and Smart Shortcuts.

dx01.png
dx02.png

dx03.png
dx04.png

Last one is one page of my Car Home screen, minus my current GPS coordinates. :)

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
I thought mac rumors is an apple and mac centric site?

Yeah, and? The "Mac Community" section is full of miscellaneous topics, many completely unrelated to Apple/Macs. Why aren't you upset about the "post your man cave" thread, or the "show your home theater" thread? There's a fair amount of non-Apple tech for sale in the Marketplace. Check out the Politics/Religion forum. It cannot be reasonably expected that every single person on a forum only speak about Apple/Mac stuff outside of the tech forums.

Zaap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Haha! Man, I can't imagine how teeeeeeedious this forum would be if it were nothing but photos of Apple products and nothing else.

Honestly, how many of exactly the same products over and over- no matter how good the individual products- can someone look at? :eek:

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
beautiful, link to the grass wallpaper please.
I don't currently have that on any of my phones, but I will get it to you later today when I'm home from work.
As requested, here is that wallpaper you wanted....

Avuyk.jpg

And, if anyone is interested, I created an album on Imgur, and put a bunch of my wallpapers in there. I don't have a Pro account on Imgur, though, so they may go away at some point. But, here it is anyway....

http://hilg.imgur.com/66B6X

CodrutM

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
Great topic!

And, if anyone is interested, I created an album on Imgur, and put a bunch of my wallpapers in there. I don't have a Pro account on Imgur, though, so they may go away at some point. But, here it is anyway....
Stunning collection ! Thank you so much !

I have some questions:
How is this clock called:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6141/6039394783_a92655d7c7_z.jpg
?

And what's the name of this player ?
http://i.imgur.com/NU547.png

Hope you can answer.

~ Regards, Codrut M.

Last edited:

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
I work in Finance for AT&T. The Thrill is my work phone, provided by them. The Captivate is my old personal line, and with the employee plan, is essentially free. The Charge was purchased recently, before VZW did away with their "Unlimited" plans, to use mainly as an LTE hotspot for all my mobile items. So, yea it's 3 phones, but I only have one real bill. Well, that, and I just really like cell phones and toying with them, so the more the merrier.

Gotcha.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Stunning collection ! Thank you so much !
No problem :)

That is the "BobClockD3" widget. It is free, and quite nice...

https://market.android.com/details?id=bob.clock

And what's the name of this player ?
http://i.imgur.com/NU547.png
That is the Google Music widget, just modified to be transparent. Uninstall the original, if you are currently using it, and then install the one from this thread....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14246173&postcount=511

Hope that helps. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.