Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeaneYam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2011
What is going on?!
I have not plugged in any external devices.
Resetting all (network) settings still leaves me with this message.
I have removed all apps, changed my settings to default to no avail.
Restoring to factory settings did the trick but restoring it to my previous backup resulted in the same problem.
I wanna retain my phone messages and stuff yet get rid of this silly message.

Anyone has any idea?Pls help...:confused:

maccindy

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
Water damage?

I recently had the same problem. My MAC tech checked my phone and showed me where it had water damage. Yep. Then I remembered having my phone on the kitchen counter and spilling some water that started to pool around part of it. It didn't seem like a big deal - the phone wasn't submersed at all. But I saw the little red line indicating water damage.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Three things:

1. Water damage
2. Dock connector has gone bad
3. Dock connector is dirty

So, you can try using a brush to clean the dock connection, but if that doesn’t work it’s one of the other two things.

However, you stated it worked when you restored as new. You could restore from the backup and then reset all settings (NOT erase all) and that might give you the same effect as the restore as new.

Zims

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
Results?????

When you took your phone to the Mac tech and was told you had water damage, what did they do to? Did you get a new phone? Or did they fix your phone? I'm having the same issue. My water bottle leaked a bit on my iPhone, which didn't seem like a big deal but it's not working anymore.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
When you took your phone to the Mac tech and was told you had water damage, what did they do to? Did you get a new phone? Or did they fix your phone? I'm having the same issue. My water bottle leaked a bit on my iPhone, which didn't seem like a big deal but it's not working anymore.

Your issue is water damage. You’ll have to pay $199 for an out of warranty replacement.

KeaneYam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2011
Oh No!!

Oh no, I did spill some water on it but i immediately took my phone and wipe it dry..... I'll restore it and lets cross all fingers and toes that it works. If not its 199 for the repairs!?! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.