Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
As i said I am looking for cool dual monitor backgrounds, i would prefer them to be different, but i they look good together so be it. I would prefer either cars or just a basic design, or scenery.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
jared_kipe said:
I didn't know you could span desktops across two desktops on a mac.

AFAIK, you can not. Well at least not automatically via System Preferences. I suppose you could get a graphic/image that is twice the resolution of the monitors (assuming both displays are the same size) and "snip" down the middle and apply them to the displays as backgrounds.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Thanks, everyone, but i am not quite sure how to span them across both my desktops?

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
But then i have 2 of the same pictures, really compressed, becaues i am using a panaramic view s

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
Still no luck. I can't get it to spanto the other monitor, only mirrow backrounds. I thought it might be due to the different screen resulotions, but that didn't make a difference.

dougger

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2006
Dual Monitor Software

Someone was looking for a program that lets you use 2 different pics, one for each monitor. We use UltraMon, great little program, even puts a task bar on the second monitor, and there are some other real nice features.

Go here to download http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

pre.tentio.us

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
cinemassive multimon wallpaper

you definitely need to checkout mandolux. hands down the best multi monitor wallpaper out there. Why on earth don't more people know about an artist that good? You can buy high res versions of his work over at istockpro too.

The fellas at CineMassive Displays recommended it to us for our our new trio. The wallpaper is a little distorted because we have a slightly irregular setup, but you can't really tell on the abstract works, even on the portrait displays.

I don't have a photo of my setup but their website does a pretty decent job.
Trio_21X.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.