Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayylott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Georgia
So when i was at work tonight, i was just messing around with the lock options due to i have POS employees who like to go thru my ****, well the password that i set it as work, but everytime i go to unlock the 4 digit code, it says incorrect, now i am up to 1 hour locked out of my phone, is there anyway to unlock it or bypass with out going to the Apple Store, or ATT? Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks.
- Arron

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So when i was at work tonight, i was just messing around with the lock options due to i have POS employees who like to go thru my ****, well the password that i set it as work, but everytime i go to unlock the 4 digit code, it says incorrect, now i am up to 1 hour locked out of my phone, is there anyway to unlock it or bypass with out going to the Apple Store, or ATT? Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks.
- Arron

No, if you dont remember the passcode you setup then you will have to restore it. You dont need to go to Apple or AT&T. You just plug it to iTunes and restore.
Next time be more carefull when setting up passwords in general.
If you could just bypass it it wouldnt be much of a security feature would it?:)

ayylott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Georgia
No, if you dont remember the passcode you setup then you will have to restore it. You dont need to go to Apple or AT&T. You just plug it to iTunes and restore.
Next time be more carefull when setting up passwords in general.
If you could just bypass it it wouldnt be much of a security feature would it?:)

You're right, but the code that i enter was " s.h.i.t." ive used this password before, This has happen to me before with an older phone, the the current pass code reset to an old code. Kind of strange to me.

So once i hook it up to itunes it wont say anything like "can't restore due to phone is lock" Thats what my brother just told me it would do.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You're right, but the code that i enter was " s.h.i.t." ive used this password before, This has happen to me before with an older phone, the the current pass code reset to an old code. Kind of strange to me.

So once i hook it up to itunes it wont say anything like "can't restore due to phone is lock" Thats what my brother just told me it would do.

You will most likelly have to put it in DFU mode to restore it.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
DFU mode restore is the only way! I took a guy's phone to my house because he wanted me to unlock it and then I had to put it in DFU mode to even be able to touch it. He said he had a backup, so he didn't give me his passcode. Oh well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.