Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawnff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Ok, where do I start, First off hello to everyone and thank you for any support you can give me.

Equipment:Iphone 3GS
Firmware: 4.3.3
Jailbroken: Not Currently, has been in the Past
Unlock: Never
Problem: My father tried restoring his phone dont ask At&t told him to do so. After restoring the phone it is stuck at the Itune logo USB cable page that allows the phone to make emergency calls, and the phone occationally reboots, After the restoring the Iphone Itunes says No Sim Card Installed. I have tried a known good Sim Card it is not the sim card. I have since attempted resoring it on multiple computers. If I try to restory from the Itunes logo and USB cable/ emergency call page, itunes give me error 3194 (I know this to be a signing problem but I have no clue why) If and when I put the phone in restore mode the phone will do a full restore, but once completed the phone goes back to the previous state.

I know this is long but any help would be great.
Thanks
Tim

History: First and formost the phone was previously jailbroken with both Blackra1n and Green Poison. In addition to this the host file on his computer did have the extention added to it to allow signing through cydia.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itune...g-updating-to-stock-or-custom-4.3.3-firmware/

Turns out, if you have changed your system’s host file to point to Cydia’s SHSH caching server (possibly for downgrading purposes), you wont be able to restore/update to iOS 4.3.3. iTunes throws Error 3194

Temporarily, you can fix this by removing Cydia’s SHSH caching server from your host file. This can either done manually by removing Cydia’s IP address from your system’s host file, or by simply using TinyUmbrella, instructions for which are as follows:

shawnff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for the reply, I already removed the IP address from the Host file, this did not fix the problem. As to Tiny Umbrella, I know very little about it, I do have it doen loaded, but the only time I ever used it was to kick my Iphone 4 out of recovery mode, I will read the link, but if it has something to do with signing I dont think it will help.
Thanks
for the help and any additional help you can give.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Thanks for the reply, I already removed the IP address from the Host file, this did not fix the problem. As to Tiny Umbrella, I know very little about it, I do have it doen loaded, but the only time I ever used it was to kick my Iphone 4 out of recovery mode, I will read the link, but if it has something to do with signing I dont think it will help.
Thanks
for the help and any additional help you can give.

Go into TinyUmbrella and uncheck "Set hosts to Cydia upon exit".

shawnff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
That worked

I have no clue but unsetting the set hosts box worked. Thank you for the help.

shnailiyo

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
iphone 3gs no sim card installed error

Hi

forgive my ignorance on this subject. I've had the same problem recently - i asked ATT to let me unlock my 3GS iphone and followed their steps. my phone now is stuck in the connect to iTunes mode. there's nothing left on the phone to access and even if there was i cannot get past the set up page on the phone. no amount of restores changes this. I've called telstra, apple and ATT to try to fix it with no luck. I've downloaded tiny umbrella but am unsure how to use this. So far i see no box where I can unselect the Cydia host. Sorry if this is a dumb question but i could honestly use some help
Thanks

Unique-me9

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.