Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybersteve

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
I like to lie on the couch, knees up, when using my iPad. I am getting tired of using a pillow to put the iPad on. What other options are our there?

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
My Hubby and I use these light-weight wedges, specifically designed for holding books/iPads while on the couch:

PEERAMID_IPAD.jpeg

They really are great, provide for totally hands-free viewing. There are a variety of color choices/patterns. I have seen them on Amazon and here:
http://www.aspenshopsonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=352

sailordude21

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Pillow for iPad

I just got a tyPillow made by accessory workshop. it's a little bit cheaper and much softer

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Hhhmmmmm........that's a lot of hard edges for comfy browsing if you are lying on a couch.:rolleyes:

Did you see the foam cushions that can be attached to the bottoms? They allow the stand to be used on uneven surfaces. I don't really use it for lying on the couch more just sitting and slouching I guess.

WedgeE

Jul 27, 2011
This is what I created and use

I can't post sites yet but it is wedge-e.net. Check it out and tell me what you guys think. Thank you!

Last edited:

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
My daughter's $5 beanie pillow works for me. I can squoosh it into any shape and raise the iPad to any angle. Don't let the purple scare you. These come in more manly colors.

ipadstand4.jpg

ipadstand3.jpg

Reactions: mixel

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010

WedgePad all the way. I've had one since a few weeks after they came out, and it's hands down the best accessory I bought for the iPad. I'm a "curl on the couch" girl, and this thing balances itself on my knees in virtually any position I get into--the microfiber is fairly non slip, especially when wearing jeans. It's small enough and squishy enough that it travels well too. I don't even bother with a case when I'm home; during the day, the iPad sits on the WedgePad, at night, it's on a stand for charging. (Only the very thinnest of cases work with it, at least for the original iPad--the original black Apple case, a TPU back are fine, but even my Yoobao slim is too thick. Not sure about the iPad 2 cases.)

My only complaint was the white elastics, since I have an original black iPad. Easily solved with a couple of applications of black Sharpie pen (no, it doesn't come off on your hands). And I believe they brought out an all black model a couple months back.

I also have the Peeramid pillow pictured in the second post--bought it for the Kindle a couple of years ago. They're well made and attractive. It's fine for the iPad if you do nothing but sit very upright with your knees flat, and if you do little to no typing as the angle is terrible for your wrists. Great for reading, not so much for responding to posts. And many cases are too thick when folded back to use with it as well.

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
for 5$ i'm interested! where can I get this at?

Last year I got it at Menards in a big bin near one of their checkout lanes. You can also find them at Bed,Bath, & Beyond but a bit more expensive. Check out drugstores like CVS & Walgreens too.

kimbrum

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2016
My Hubby and I use these light-weight wedges, specifically designed for holding books/iPads while on the couch:

View attachment 292683

They really are great, provide for totally hands-free viewing. There are a variety of color choices/patterns. I have seen them on Amazon and here:
http://www.aspenshopsonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=352
[doublepost=1460845681][/doublepost]I agree that the light-weight wedges are wonderful for regular size and mini iPads, however, this doesn't work at all for the iPad Pro. It's too cumbersome and too big for the small triangle wedge to hold.

Reactions: Javabird

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
[doublepost=1460845681][/doublepost]I agree that the light-weight wedges are wonderful for regular size and mini iPads, however, this doesn't work at all for the iPad Pro. It's too cumbersome and too big for the small triangle wedge to hold.

You do realize that you've responded to a post from almost 5 years ago, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.