Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddkkpp

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2011
3.1.3?

I'm using an iPhone 3G with Whited00r installed (based on 3.1.3)

is there a version of slanted lock that works with this iOS?

thank you!

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Hello all. It's been a while and I've been so busy I haven't gotten around to mucking with iPhone stuff. Now I am.

I've just gotten around to upgrading my phone to 4.3.3 and have found the need to update my little theme here.

My support email on the Cydia package has been seeing a steady stream of support request emails. I have been putting them off, but I think it is time I address them. I am planning the next revision 1.5.5. Mainly to resolve various bugs and functionalities.(reads: patch broken holes.) Maybe with a few new features thrown into the mix.

I need your help.

I have done a few searches on google and forums for a complete list of the image mappings of the images that you can alter in the TelephonyUI bundle, but came up with barely any information. I'm wondering if anyone of you know or have seen a complete listing of images that we can alter via the TelephonyUI bundle. I'm looking for essentially two lists. One that supports the iPhone 3GS and the other to support the iPhone 4.

If I have a complete list/mapping of the images, I will recreate these elements and include them into the theme. This will fix all your random image woes.

PS: I do not promise anything feature wise... but if you have any ideas you want seen included in the theme, please describe it here and I may consider adding it. No promises.

jgonzo432

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Hello Claude. First I would like to say that I love this theme! The only change I would like to see is improved performance. Right now even on my iP4 everything just slows down when using your theme.

If that's all that changes in this update I will be more than happy. Otherwise maybe have an option to make the status bar clear only on the LS. Right now I'm using a tweak to make it clear but it also affects the caller ID when I receive a call and other things...

And maybe find a way to make the LS clock update continuously as opposed to now when it updates every 10min when the screen is off.

Thanks again!:D

Last edited:

marsusu

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
problem

Hello Claude and thanks for your job.
Well i am ios 4.3.3 and i am some problem.
when i would like configuring with safari (config.html) safari open that but i have only write : Slanted lock configurations v1.5.4 and the buttom set config, no T°, no accuweather etc....
if i use by ifile no problem i can, but it not memorise anything.
in the lockscreen, i have a white frame and in the midle a blue cube with a question mark.
Have you some idea ???
great job.
thanks

PS:
sorry i have jusye find it, the database in safari !!! just supprim it and it's good thanks !!!

Last edited:

SeedAter

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Please Help

Hello Claude and thanks for your job.
Well i am ios 4.3.3 and i am some problem.
when i would like configuring with safari (config.html) safari open that but i have only write : Slanted lock configurations v1.5.4 and the buttom set config, no T°, no accuweather etc....
if i use by ifile no problem i can, but it not memorise anything.
in the lockscreen, i have a white frame and in the midle a blue cube with a question mark.
Have you some idea ???
great job.
thanks

PS:
sorry i have jusye find it, the database in safari !!! just supprim it and it's good thanks !!!

Please if you can, explain how did you fix the problem. cus i have it. and i cant seem to find a way to solve it..
ty vm for your help!!

Where does it save the data after i press "set config"..
It worked until now, I dont know what happened i just restarted my iphone 4 on 4.3.3, till now every thing worked gr8, and i was a blank screen.
last time that happened a just entered the config file and set config again.
but now when i set the address to it the file is blank, i only have the version and the set config button.

I tried so many things, through ifile i can go into the file, but the set config in there doesnt seem to work.
I tried reinstalling. rebooting. rehacking. re-everything i can think of.
I must get it to work again.
I've now tried to flush the safari data and etc. nothing seems to work.
Please help me.
tyvm

Is there any way to pm marsusu for help. or claude, u have a solution?

This theme is amazing btw i love it. the best i've ever used. thats y i really want to fix it. i really do.

Last edited:

SeedAter

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Please if you can, explain how did you fix the problem. cus i have it. and i cant seem to find a way to solve it..
ty vm for your help!!

where does it save the data after i press "set config"..
it work until now, i dont know what happened i just restarted my iphone 4 on 4.3.3, till now every thing worked gr8, and i was a blank screen.
but now when i set the address to it the file is blank, i only have the version and the set config button.

i tried so many things, through ifile i can go into the file, but the set config in there doesnt seem to work.
i tried reinstalling. rebooting. rehacking. re-everything i can think of.
i must get it to work again.
please help me.
tyvm

is there any way to pm marsusu for help. or claude, u have a solution?

This theme is amazing btw i love it. the best i've ever used. thats y i really want to fix it. i really do.

I've just found out that is I run the LockBackGround.html with the Ifile after I configure the config.html file with ifile, it shows what my lockscreen should have shone.
i don't know what to do. please help.

And why when I'm tryin to open the config.html file on firefox/iexplorer, i get that same page i get in MobileSafari with "file///....": http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/erroril.jpg/

and still, with ifile it runs smooth, even the lockbackground.html runs well through Ifle. Wierd. I Need To "set config" for it to work, i copied a new SlantedLock onto my idevice, and up until i "set config" with ifile, the lockbackground.html didn't show a thing.
ty.

i've just got an error on MobileSafari "INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable."
Dose that mean that the ifile has excess to files that the MobileSafari doesn't. Is it Fixable?

Last edited:

SeedAter

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
I've just found out that is I run the LockBackGround.html with the Ifile after I configure the config.html file with ifile, it shows what my lockscreen should have shone.
i don't know what to do. please help.

And why when I'm tryin to open the config.html file on firefox/iexplorer, i get that same page i get in MobileSafari with "file///....": http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/erroril.jpg/

and still, with ifile it runs smooth, even the lockbackground.html runs well through Ifle. Wierd. I Need To "set config" for it to work, i copied a new SlantedLock onto my idevice, and up until i "set config" with ifile, the lockbackground.html didn't show a thing.
ty.

i've just got an error on MobileSafari "INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable."
Dose that mean that the ifile has excess to files that the MobileSafari doesn't. Is it Fixable?

I've Just Found this:
"I've gotten this to work on a much simpler weather theme I've been messing around with on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1. The only minor issue I had was paths to external js/css files not being recognized when opening the html file in Safari. I just temporarily copied all the js into the html source to ensure the db was created successfully. After that, the regular theme was able to retrieve data from the db on the lock screen.

The steps involved might make the setup process too complicated for wide release, but I definitely think it's worth looking into. Your theme is great, but I don't like the continuous fetches to the weather feed whenever I unlock.

If you're interested, let me know if you'd want any more information."

In that:" http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-...active-weather-lockscreen-22.html#post5422758 "

does it have anything to do with my issue?

marsusu

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
hello,
go to setting, safari, bank of data, and erase the file.
A+

ty vm for your help!!

Where does it save the data after i press "set config"..
It worked until now, I dont know what happened i just restarted my iphone 4 on 4.3.3, till now every thing worked gr8, and i was a blank screen.

I tried so many things, through ifile i can go into the file, but the set config in there doesnt seem to work.
I tried reinstalling. rebooting. rehacking. re-everything i can think of.
I must get it to work again.
Please help me.
tyvm

Is there any way to pm marsusu for help. or claude, u have a solution?

SeedAter

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
hello,
go to setting, safari, bank of data, and erase the file.
A+

Thanks for your reply, actualy I've kindda figured that thats what you mention by that. And it didn't work :(.
I don't know what's the issue, I can't get it to work.

Ive found replacement for my lockscreen, but I'm curious about my problem.
Other themes works for me, just not SlantedLock.

Fadz

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
Hello all. It's been a while and I've been so busy I haven't gotten around to mucking with iPhone stuff. Now I am.

I've just gotten around to upgrading my phone to 4.3.3 and have found the need to update my little theme here.

My support email on the Cydia package has been seeing a steady stream of support request emails. I have been putting them off, but I think it is time I address them. I am planning the next revision 1.5.5. Mainly to resolve various bugs and functionalities.(reads: patch broken holes.) Maybe with a few new features thrown into the mix.

I need your help.

I have done a few searches on google and forums for a complete list of the image mappings of the images that you can alter in the TelephonyUI bundle, but came up with barely any information. I'm wondering if anyone of you know or have seen a complete listing of images that we can alter via the TelephonyUI bundle. I'm looking for essentially two lists. One that supports the iPhone 3GS and the other to support the iPhone 4.

If I have a complete list/mapping of the images, I will recreate these elements and include them into the theme. This will fix all your random image woes.

PS: I do not promise anything feature wise... but if you have any ideas you want seen included in the theme, please describe it here and I may consider adding it. No promises.

Claude, if you could please email me on f.shammu93@gmail.com, i am an avid user of your theme and have a few questions about the theme, i found no way to contact you except through this topic so if you could please pass me your email i would be greatful :)

sherry66

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
FL
Slanted Lockscreen Issue

Hello,
I found this wonderful LS yesterday, installed and customized per instructions. However, I have a strange black bar where the lock slides across. Does anyone have this same issue?

Here's a photo:

SlantedLockscreen.png

If anyone has had this issue or knows how to get rid of this black bar, PLEASE respond. It sounds silly but it's making me nuts trying to get rid of it!
:eek:

Thanks in advance!
Sherry :)

Last edited:

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Hello,
I found this wonderful LS yesterday, installed and customized per instructions. However, I have a strange black bar where the lock slides across. Does anyone have this same issue?

Here's a photo:

If anyone has had this issue or knows how to get rid of this black bar, PLEASE respond. It sounds silly but it's making me nuts trying to get rid of it!
:eek:

Thanks in advance!
Sherry :)

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/12336134/

As long as you know how to use iPhoneBrowser, thats the fix

Paik4Life

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem with leddhedd's Slantedlockipad installation on my iPad 2 4.3.3.

I unzipped the files and SSHed the folder "Slantedlockipad" (this was the default capitalization) and moved it into /Private/images.

From what I gather the only other thing I need to change in the Configs is the "Wallpaper Set" where I have to change it to the blank radio button and enter "Slantedlockipad" (again matching the capitalization of the folder).

With these changes, I don't get the iPad sized wallpapers but info shows up correctly.

I experimented with the "Style Sheet" entry in the Configs and noticed that if I changed it from the default "SlantedLock" to "SlantedLockiPad" or "Slantedlockipad", I would get the correct wallpaper sizes, but I would be missing all the weather/clock info.

I'm a bit lost as to what I've done wrong. Any help?

Thanks,

~Paik

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Hey guys,

Firstly, I do apologize if I didn't get back to you... I'm quite busy with work and all that. This thread is meant for me to share what I got with you guys.

I recently got an iPad 2!

Finally able to test the theme on an iPad, I made the port for the iPad version. I tried figuring out the orientation detection script, but I guess the winterboard theme doesn't behave like a normal webpage, so we're stuck with themes unable to know which orientation its in... until someone else smarter figures it out.

In any case, I've made a few tweaks here and there and am satisfied with my result, so I'm going to share it with you guys.

Here's what I did:
- Removed the weather icon. This proves to be more trouble than it's worth. What with the inconsistency complaints and the time change(in the US) makes them inaccurate.
- Fixed the clock update delay
- Brighten LEDHEDD's set of background to my liking :p
- Created TWO layout options to best fit the iPad's display. This is to be used in the StyleSheet option in the configuration. One is call SlantedLockiPad and the other is SlantedLockiPad2

You can download the new theme package here:
SlantedLock iPad version 1.5.5p

Attachments

• IMG_0009.PNG
    IMG_0009.PNG
    954.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0010.PNG
    IMG_0010.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0011.PNG
    IMG_0011.PNG
    980.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 120

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I like using No Lockscreen on my iPad(with the magnetic cover you usually skip it anyway), but this makes me want to go back to seeing the LockScreen:D. Very nice work, always has been on my favorites for the iPhone. Thanks for the all hard work.

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I like using No Lockscreen on my iPad(with the magnetic cover you usually skip it anyway), but this makes me want to go back to seeing the LockScreen:D. Very nice work, always has been on my favorites for the iPhone. Thanks for the all hard work.

Thanks for the kind words!

I like your theme
But the background....

The background sizing and cropping is not controlled dynamically on orientation change in my theme.(or any theme as far as I know... even default official background)

The issue you raised is that the background are getting cut off at an undesirable width/height depending on the orientation of the iPad.

The short answer:
It depends on the background you choose. You will need to adjust the image using a photo editing software before use to achieve what you want.

The long answer:
The iPad screen is 1024x768(wxh) in Landscape mode and 768x1024 in Portrait mode.
Since there is no smart resizing or cropping of the background when orientation changes, the background must be 1024x1024 to support both orientations. This is why iPad backgrounds you can find on the internet are sized at 1024x1024.
The only region that is guarantee to appear on BOTH orientations is the 768x768 region at the top left of the wallpaper.

In fact, the challenge in building an iPad theme boils down to that fact as well. The effective playground for theme content must exist in that 768x768 window to be visible in both orientation. Thus, in landscape orientation, SlantedLock appears to be biased on the left side and it appears biased on the right side in portrait mode. Given this fact, we CAN have contents that is hidden in one orientation and visible in the other; just place the content OUTSIDE of the 768x768 box. :)

Trust me, this irks me to no end. I had attempted to detect orientation on the fly, but haven't found anything that works. If anyone knows of a theme that behaves like it knows which orientation its in, please point me that way. ;)

Modest Slayer

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
I have been trying hard for the past few days to figure out how to get lockscreen images to display properly according to orientation (for another theme). I think I tried about 10 different variations of coding and could not get it to work. I am honestly glad I found this post as at least I now know it is not currently possible.

The closest I came was using javascript to display an image properly on the first view. It wouldn't change dynamically, but if I unlocked the iPad, changed orientations, locked it again, the image would line up properly based on the new orientation. Hopefully a solution can be found. The CSS coding to do this is so simple for a normal webpage.

The background sizing and cropping is not controlled dynamically on orientation change in my theme.(or any theme as far as I know... even default official background)

The issue you raised is that the background are getting cut off at an undesirable width/height depending on the orientation of the iPad.

The short answer:
It depends on the background you choose. You will need to adjust the image using a photo editing software before use to achieve what you want.

The long answer:
The iPad screen is 1024x768(wxh) in Landscape mode and 768x1024 in Portrait mode.
Since there is no smart resizing or cropping of the background when orientation changes, the background must be 1024x1024 to support both orientations. This is why iPad backgrounds you can find on the internet are sized at 1024x1024.
The only region that is guarantee to appear on BOTH orientations is the 768x768 region at the top left of the wallpaper.

In fact, the challenge in building an iPad theme boils down to that fact as well. The effective playground for theme content must exist in that 768x768 window to be visible in both orientation. Thus, in landscape orientation, SlantedLock appears to be biased on the left side and it appears biased on the right side in portrait mode. Given this fact, we CAN have contents that is hidden in one orientation and visible in the other; just place the content OUTSIDE of the 768x768 box. :)

Trust me, this irks me to no end. I had attempted to detect orientation on the fly, but haven't found anything that works. If anyone knows of a theme that behaves like it knows which orientation its in, please point me that way. ;)

antonyu

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011

The short answer:

The long answer:

I've got one befour your theme
install and try it...please
maybe you will found that way
and Revision edition your code

waiting for your good news and new version

thanx

Attachments

• Deep Blue Lockscreen - Weather.theme.zip
    471.5 KB · Views: 137

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I've got one befour your theme
install and try it...please
maybe you will found that way
and Revision edition your code

waiting for your good news and new version

thanx

That theme does not crop or resize the wallpaper.
The original thread of that theme is here: http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16809353

Notice the same wallpaper is cut off depending on the orientation of the iPad.

Andy Ftw

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Hey Claude, great job on the iPad port, looks great :)

Do you plan on releasing 1.5.5 for iPhone/iPod Touch, fixing the bugs you did in the iPad version? eg. time delay, removing weather icon, etc.

Cheers :)

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Hey Claude, great job on the iPad port, looks great :)

Do you plan on releasing 1.5.5 for iPhone/iPod Touch, fixing the bugs you did in the iPad version? eg. time delay, removing weather icon, etc.

Cheers :)

One of these days I will. I'm still trying to figure out a cool way to control the backgrounds. Though I've been really busy lately.

On a related note, the iPad version has been accepted to modmyi repository on Cydia, so you guys can get it there easier.

Andy Ftw

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
One of these days I will. I'm still trying to figure out a cool way to control the backgrounds. Though I've been really busy lately.

On a related note, the iPad version has been accepted to modmyi repository on Cydia, so you guys can get it there easier.

Thanks, I look forward to it! :D Appreicate all the effort and time you've put into this, it's truly the best lockscreen theme I've ever seen, so thanks again for all the hard work you've done :)

E2hastie

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
After I go through all of the instructions and everything all I get is a screen with clouds, no time or weather. Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.