Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Mod note: Here is a list of the previous threads:

Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 4)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 5)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 6)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 7)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 8)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 9)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 10)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 11)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 12)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 13)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 14)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 15) »Current thread«

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the picture that a post is referring to, you can press this button:
viewpost.gif

For large images (over ~800 pixels wide), please use tags rather than plain old [img] tags

We ask that everyone refrains from reposting the same image in multiple threads. That includes the "Under 18" as well as "Post Your Mac Setup" threads.

We do realize that this will still sometimes occur. If/when that happens, please report it by clicking on the "Report Post" icon ([img]http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif) and include a link to both posts. Thank You.

---------------------

My setup:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/DSCN1083.jpg
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/igesundheit/Bed.jpg

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
What I am working with isn't really classified as a 'setup' so I will wait until I get everything together. Real excited to see Part 15 though!

In regards to those who have their monitors in portrait mode, do you have to adjust any settings to do that? More or less, what is the process in setting that up?

gr8whtd0pe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, NC
Thanks for the comments on the stock. Yeah my dad got it for me Christmas of 08. They also got my newborn a Disney one.

Sucks they don't offer it anymore :(

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlackBook22 View Post
Thankfully I saw that there were 2 designs and I did get the iHub 2 from ebay now I just have to wait for delivery from England.

AlphaDogg
How much was it? Which design did you get?

I got the white ihub 2 and it cost me $11.22 CDN. with free shipping

slieu92

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
California
moved desk to face window to take advantage of the light. and the glossy screen+sunshine got intolerable after 4 years.

Attachments

• _MG_5249 - Version 2.jpg
    _MG_5249 - Version 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,261

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI

Got enough screen real estate there? :p

What are you, a stock trader? If not, what are all of those graphs on the screens?

Edit:

moved desk to face window to take advantage of the light. and the glossy screen+sunshine got intolerable after 4 years.
It took you 4 years to realize that glossy screen+window directly behind you=bad? Why didn't you do it sooner?

t0rr3s

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2010
idJKoq.jpg

15" MBP 2011 Quadcore 2.0 8GB Ram HR-AG 500GB WD Scorpio Black
Mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core Intel Xeon 7GB Ram 1TB Caviar Black + 250 GB Hitachi ATI HD 5770 1GB
1TB WD Mybook for Time Machine
24" Dell S2409W (Good as new, picked up on ebay for 100USD)

zildjansg

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010

dumb question: what Logitech mouse is that?:D

TY

Edit: Performance Mouse MX?

Last edited:

Whaditis

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
dumb question: what Logitech mouse is that?:D

TY

Edit: Performance Mouse MX?

It's an MX Revolution mouse. The precursor to the MX Performance mouse which replaced it.

I have both but still prefer the older Revolution.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Thanks for the comments on the stock. Yeah my dad got it for me Christmas of 08. They also got my newborn a Disney one.

Sucks they don't offer it anymore :(
I have one of those, too! Framed and all. My favorite part about it is that it was issued January 8, 2007--one day before Apple Computer, Inc. became Apple, Inc. Says the former and I am NEVER getting rid of that. :D

I'll post my setup soon. Hopefully I can get either a new MBP tomorrow or a new iPad. Or both? Who knows.

Y-Booms

macrumors newbie
15 years of using a Mac...in 18 years of being alive!!

Macintosh SE/30: My dad's...I remember playing Kid Pix on it.

Macintosh Performa 6400 180Mhz: Family computer in the elementary school days. We got Time Warner's broadband on it at some point!!

Power Mac G4 Cube 500Mhz/256MB/ATI RAGE 16MB/30GB: Beautiful computer. I still actually have it somewhere. Formerly a family computer that was passed down to me.

Core Duo MacBook Pro 2.16Ghz/2GB: Another hand-me-down

iMac G5 1.8Ghz/768MB/64VRAM/160GB: Yes. Another hand-me-down!!!

Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz/2GB/250GB: Fried the logic board!!!

Thunderbolt MacBook (When it comes out...)

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Krafty & anyone else who has the same speakers: opinions? i don't understand speaker specifications :eek:
They're incredibly great if you're a light listener. They can handle pretty much anything, and they get a good amount of loudness when turned up.

I went to these from the Logitech Z-5500 simply cause playing music through a 5.1 PC setup was kinda difficult (my music would trip over the L/C/R channels), and sometimes sounded clutter since you've got a 3.5" driver trying to drive mid's and high's.

Not to say the M10s are for audiophiles, nor am I one myself, but for a desktop setup and playing music at a low to moderate, it sounds extremely smooth while looking extremely sleek.

So the Swans wont shake the house but they're a pleasure to the ears if you're looking for a decent setup with clean output.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
They're incredibly great if you're a light listener. They can handle pretty much anything, and they get a good amount of loudness when turned up.

I went to these from the Logitech Z-5500 simply cause playing music through a 5.1 PC setup was kinda difficult (my music would trip over the L/C/R channels), and sometimes sounded clutter since you've got a 3.5" driver trying to drive mid's and high's.

Not to say the M10s are for audiophiles, nor am I one myself, but for a desktop setup and playing music at a low to moderate, it sounds extremely smooth while looking extremely sleek.

So the Swans wont shake the house but they're a pleasure to the ears if you're looking for a decent setup with clean output.

thanks! yeah i'm no audiophile per se but i do listen to music constantly and am in the market for something that sounds nice when turned up for college parties while being affordable!

drool....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.