Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wtxmountains

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
I set up a password protected disk image in OS 10.6.8 on my iMac but accidentally saved the password by hitting return before deselecting the "save password" box. I'd like to keep the disk but I'd much prefer if it didn't open just by clicking on it (obviously getting the password from somewhere and using it.) The thing is, I can't seem to find "disk image password" in any sort of fashion listed in Keychain Access. Other passworded disk images say something about saving "in my keychain" so I'm figuring it should be somewhere where I can find it but I don't know where. So where are disk image passwords saved? I'd like to delete that password so it has to be entered each time to open that particular disk. Thanks in advance for any help!

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Make sure you are viewing Login and All Items in Keychain Access, then sort by kind.

You should find it under disk image password. Delete it.

wtxmountains

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Make sure you are viewing Login and All Items in Keychain Access, then sort by kind.

You should find it under disk image password. Delete it.

I have Airport network passwords, application passwords, certificates, identity preferences, Internet Connect, Internet passwords, etc. ... no "disk image password". Hmmm ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.