Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Webb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Can someone care to explain ?

Thanks is advance

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Does anybody know if mobile notifier works for iPad. I know it's optimized for iPhone but will it work on iPad?

MrBambinoDent

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
IMHO after I bought all the apps I need to get all the functions I need when there was no homebrew stuff I don't feel the need to jailbreak mine

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
I have jailbroken my iPhone since iOS 1,2,3,4 and apple tv and always thought the experience was well worth it. The iPad however isn't that great there are no apps that make me want to keep the jailbreak or the ones that do are only good in theory and are very buggy such as full force. Considering how easy the install is and how easy it is to remove do it but I can't see any true advantage unless you want to add a theme.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Also, can you develop apps for distribution using a jailbroken iPhone for testing? I only want to put mobile notifier on my iPhone.

ronaldmcdonald

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2011
I have jailbroken my iPhone since iOS 1,2,3,4 and apple tv and always thought the experience was well worth it. The iPad however isn't that great there are no apps that make me want to keep the jailbreak or the ones that do are only good in theory and are very buggy such as full force. Considering how easy the install is and how easy it is to remove do it but I can't see any true advantage unless you want to add a theme.

Installous.

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Does anybody know if mobile notifier works for iPad. I know it's optimized for iPhone but will it work on iPad?

Yes its working with the iPad, but the notifications are just shown in the top right corner. You have to test it for yourself if you like it on iPad or not.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Its so easy to do I dont know why anyone wouldn't. Here are some of the things I think are very useful.

- Once the camera kit is fixed (any day) you can use it to store movies on the go.

- Safari upgrades allow adblocking, fullscreen, quick action menus, features like scroll all the way up/down, a quick action menu and more. There are other browsers that do some of these but safari with the upgrades is my favorite browser.

- Save videos from the native youtube app

- I also like the ability to record the screen with display recorder.

- Inifinite apps in a folder/page allowing you to organize apps how you want.

- The ability to quickly clear memory through sbsettings plugins, as weel as restart rather than just turn off.

- Yes the UI customization

- Fake location is great if you use the nba or mlb apps that black you out from local teams.

And many more.....

It doesn't have any miracle MUST HAVE apps but there are plenty of reasons.

Novim

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2009
At least 4 things:
- enhance the look of screens, icons, dock...
- many small usefull apps, both free or paid
- go into some hidden options and folders
- having fun.

(Just make a backup of your iPad in iTunes, so you can revert to old & official - that is, not jailbroken - state of your iPad, and enjoy.)

mutantblack

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
Lots of advantage really by jailbreaking.

you can have themes, make safari a better browser with full screen, gesture, more tabs etc, you can have scrolling dock with more icons, proper Notifications, overboard to see overview of all your pages with a pinch of fingers, lots and lots of little tweaks that will make your ipad a better tools.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

mutantblack said:
Lots of advantage really by jailbreaking.

you can have themes, make safari a better browser with full screen, gesture, more tabs etc, you can have scrolling dock with more icons, proper Notifications, overboard to see overview of all your pages with a pinch of fingers, lots and lots of little tweaks that will make your ipad a better tools.

Themes? There are like 3 iPad themes.

Meh.

undergroundHACK

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Mail SureSend

I've used some of the previously mentioned:
LockInfo
FolderEnhancer
Remove Background
RetinaPad
SplitMail

But one I just set was the "Mail SureSend" tweak.

When typing on the iPad, I have a few times inadvertently pressed the "Send" email button. Oops! It just happens on such a large TOUCH screen. Also kinda cool, you can custom the popup. Cute. But it works great. It's saved me from sending an incomplete or typo loaded email until I'm ready for SURE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.