Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
It's been quite a while since I've looked into this, and the last I heard was a big negative. The fonts were the catching point...is Snow Leopard finally good to go with CS5 and Quark 8.5?

Thanks!
Mark.

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
There are not currently any problems with postscript fonts that I am aware of with Snow Leopard. There was an issue a few months (maybe a year) ago with non-pro apps creating PDFs with PostScript fonts. Apps (like TextEdit) which do not have a native export to PDF function, had a problem embedding the fonts. However, that issue has been fixed if you are fully patched.

Be aware that this NEVER caused any problems with pro Apps like InDesign, Quark, Illustrator, etc.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Actually, that's not true. Snow Leopard's font implementation caused the text in previously created documents to reflow. This occurred in InDesign, QuarkXpress, Flash, etc. The general recommendation by the design community was to avoid Snow Leopard until the font issue has been resolved. Now that Lion is imminent, and Snow Leopard will be a requirement to upgrade, I'm wondering if Snow Leopard is acceptable to use in a design production environment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.