Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cusechamps2003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hello, need some help on this one, I have been trying to sync some ebooks that are in epub file format that have worked on a Nook (and previously before jailbreak I had no issues syncing these through iTunes) but now I am having an issue getting the books to sync, as a matter of fact I think I am having an issue getting anything to sync since I jailbroke my ipad 2. Any assistance would be much appreciated?

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
Hello, need some help on this one, I have been trying to sync some ebooks that are in epub file format that have worked on a Nook (and previously before jailbreak I had no issues syncing these through iTunes) but now I am having an issue getting the books to sync, as a matter of fact I think I am having an issue getting anything to sync since I jailbroke my ipad 2. Any assistance would be much appreciated?

Having no issues here, and I've synced several epub\mobi files to iBooks as well as Kindle App.

When I first JB'd I had installed NoLockScreen, so I had to click sync twice (once to wake, once to then sync).... but that was the extent of it. I uninstalled no lock, and now it's working fine with one click.

cusechamps2003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Having no issues here, and I've synced several epub\mobi files to iBooks as well as Kindle App.

When I first JB'd I had installed NoLockScreen, so I had to click sync twice (once to wake, once to then sync).... but that was the extent of it. I uninstalled no lock, and now it's working fine with one click.

Interesting, I have tried several times, it wants to sync but finishes quickly and I have also tried to un-sync books and they still stay on my ipad. I just feel like the actual syncing is having issues.

Are there any tweaks or apps that would make it easier to sync or add files outside of iTunes? I have iFile, and I tried unpacking the epub file so that all the components are there but it still would not show up in ibooks or the nook app I have???

scottphillips88

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
My iPad 2 has been syncing fine since jail breaking. However, my buddies is doing the same thing as yours (not syncing all the way) after he jail broke. He has a beta version of iTunes, and going back to 10.2 fixed it. He was on 10.5 beta 2

cusechamps2003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
My iPad 2 has been syncing fine since jail breaking. However, my buddies is doing the same thing as yours (not syncing all the way) after he jail broke. He has a beta version of iTunes, and going back to 10.2 fixed it. He was on 10.5 beta 2

Ok so you he had to down grade to 10.2 or less? Not a huge fan of iTunes and I try to not use it very much, so as an iTunes dummy, how does one downgrade their iTunes? Thanks for the info

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.