Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I think people have already discussed this here in other threads. I suspect you will find mixed views with most being negative due to the fact that you cannot take the Smart cover off without first taking the Feather case off. That's what put me off along with the fact that I had bought their original Feather case for the iPad 2 which they claimed worked with the Smart cover but didn't as it had no cut out for it. I think the Belkin Snap Shield or SwitchEasy CoverBuddy are far better options in this respect.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
wargasm-

I know you have the Incipio Feather that is smart cover compatible, im interested in the regular Feather but im sure they are similar maybe you can answer.

Would you happen to know if a back body skin/shield would fit with the Feather on it? or would it be to tight?

wargasm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
wargasm-

I know you have the Incipio Feather that is smart cover compatible, im interested in the regular Feather but im sure they are similar maybe you can answer.

Would you happen to know if a back body skin/shield would fit with the Feather on it? or would it be to tight?

Hey Bob,

It fits really tite. I dont know if it would be possible for it to "snap" on the ipad if there was something between the two.

Heres a couple pics,

The BEST feature to me is how it clips over the smart cover to keep it from snapping off (which happened to me)...

attachment.php

attachment.php

War

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 642
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 653
Last edited by a moderator:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for the response war so it seems it's a no-go then. :(

It looks nice though, but if it's really tight as is doubt it'd work. I want something slim but still want to keep my body skin on to protect and for resale value.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Does anybody think the feather would protect from a maybe 2-3 ft linoleum drop? At least protect the frame from a dent?

I mean I know out on the concrete good luck but what about indoors?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.