Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ernie08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Hey all, cheers for any upcoming advice..

so long story short, i had a little fall with my iphone in my back pocket (i was sober!!) landing on my leg, but rolled over and 'softly' sat on my 3gs..

anyways, it basically went dead and wont charge, or connect/sync with itunes.

what ive tried so far:
soft and hard reset
different cables, (they work, cos i can charge sync other ipods)
tried restarting with both mac and pc
left 'charging' for 48 hours
ive removed and changed the battery (new after market battery from ebay)

im currently overseas where there are no apple stores or even electrical technicians to take the phone to

any suggestions for the next step or what to try and replace would greatly be appreciated...

cheers

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Hey all, cheers for any upcoming advice..

so long story short, i had a little fall with my iphone in my back pocket (i was sober!!) landing on my leg, but rolled over and 'softly' sat on my 3gs..

anyways, it basically went dead and wont charge, or connect/sync with itunes.

what ive tried so far:
soft and hard reset
different cables, (they work, cos i can charge sync other ipods)
tried restarting with both mac and pc
left 'charging' for 48 hours
ive removed and changed the battery (new after market battery from ebay)

im currently overseas where there are no apple stores or even electrical technicians to take the phone to

any suggestions for the next step or what to try and replace would greatly be appreciated...

cheers

You most likely hurt the battery connectors or the logic board. I would just buy a dumbphone unlocked overseas and use that until you can get back to your native country and seek help from Apple.

steveiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
There are a lot of advertisements everywhere, but if you do not have specific knowledge in the area, you can be trapped, which means that you can spend a lot of money on nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.