Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serioushelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hi guys,

When i testing my app on the device, my app is running but the content in the table not shown. Well if my app build and run with simulator it works perfectly fine. Any suggestion or idea to it??

Last edited:

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Where does the content come from to populate the table?

If it's from a file, check two things:
1. Pathnames on iOS devices are case-sensitive. Simulator, probably not.
2. Directories on iOS devices are different from on simulator.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Did u check if the plist gets builded with the app, how you know if it's getting loaded. are you sure it's getting called? You didn't really gave us much to go on.
Try to log what's inside the plist. then you know what's the error (probably Case Sensitive.)

Serioushelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Thanks!! My plist is inside my class folder. Sorry about it since this is my first time building an app

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Okay, so when you put it inside your Tableview, I guess u use some methods, to create an NSArray or NSMutableArray from it right?
Did u log that inside your real device, and checked the NSLog statements? :)
Or some breakpoints? :)

Serioushelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Okay, so when you put it inside your Tableview, I guess u use some methods, to create an NSArray or NSMutableArray from it right?
Did u log that inside your real device, and checked the NSLog statements? :)
Or some breakpoints? :)

Yes i used NSARRAY.
How to i log into my real device? and check the NSLog statement?
Greatly appreciated your help

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
If you connect it to Xcode, RUN it on the device, put NSLog statements? then it will show up in your console..
If you don't know what NSLog/Console are in Xcode 4, u need to check a bit more with the IDE and stuff, before asking some help. because it's hard to help u debug.

Serioushelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
oh.. thank alot. But i am currently using xcode 3.2.

Any good site to recommend on the IDE and stuff?
Thank alot arh i am really new to apple app building and lots of thing in i am still unsure.:)

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Same for Xcode 3.2 tbh :)
There is a developer console, and when u put in NSLog Statements in your code (they will show up there during runtime).
Id recommand, to sign up for a free developer account, download Xcode 4, mess around, or look around for some Xcode 3.2.6 tuts :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.