Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Hi All,
I know there is many many Apps that let you download Mp3 files but I cant seem to find one that will let you "Save an emailed MP3 attachment DIRECTLY to the music library on my iPhone". Make sence? I DO NOT want to save the music within a "App". That defeats what I am trying to do.... I am trying to keep all my music in one place. I just want to "click" on my Ipod icon on my iPhone and boom....All my music.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.
Clmacx

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi All,
I know there is many many Apps that let you download Mp3 files but I cant seem to find one that will let you "Save an emailed MP3 attachment DIRECTLY to the music library on my iPhone". Make sence? I DO NOT want to save the music within a "App". That defeats what I am trying to do.... I am trying to keep all my music in one place. I just want to "click" on my Ipod icon on my iPhone and boom....All my music.

Clmacx

email it to your house email, import file to itunes then, add to your music on your phone

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hi All,

Clmacx

You can't do that. You can only do that through the iTunes Music Store. That sucks because a lot of my friend's bands put their music to download for free off their sites, but I can't directly download into my iPod App.

And others, please don't turn this into "Stop stealing music & just download from iTunes". Well, I prefer Amazon.com's cheaper MP3s and better deals - it's still legal but won't download into my iPod app. Or some artists put free singles on their site.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I dont think there is a way to move them into itunes like you request but most download apps let you share/copy the data (mp3's in this case) to your computer. I usually copy them to the desktop and then import them back into itunes. Its very easy!

Whats wrong with playing from inside the download app? the one i use is almost as nice as the ipod player anyways.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I agree FSMBP....This is not about stealing music, I pay for my music its just that I was away from my computer (out of town) and had my wife email a song to me. After opening the song, I could not save it to my library...See my delimma?
Thank you!

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
You can't do that. You can only do that through the iTunes Music Store. That sucks because a lot of my friend's bands put their music to download for free off their sites, but I can't directly download into my iPod App.

And others, please don't turn this into "Stop stealing music & just download from iTunes". Well, I prefer Amazon.com's cheaper MP3s and better deals - it's still legal but won't download into my iPod app. Or some artists put free singles on their site.

Err you do know you can import MP3s from Amazon or other bandsites or rip CDs through itunes right? :confused: Just add it to your library.

I've added free music from a local band from my howmtown as well as tons of CDs and stuff I've downloaded so I don't know what the issue is.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Err you do know you can import MP3s from Amazon or other bandsites or rip CDs through itunes right? :confused: Just add it to your library.

I've added free music from a local band from my howmtown as well as tons of CDs and stuff I've downloaded so I don't know what the issue is.
he wants to skip the computer part and just add the music through mail app on his iphone

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I think that kinda feature is certainly required if someone wants to go pc free.
I think they should include it in iOS 5.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Once again Apple tells me what I can and can not do with a product I purchased from them...Its frustrating. I just wish they would give us the option to pay for "A" specific want. Its apparently all about the $$..... It is what it is.

I really appreciate the input guys.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Correct g35.... Thats exactly what I want to do. I am really supprised there isnt a "Cydia" release to do just this.

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well if u jailbreak gremlin/pwntunes allows you to import mp3s directly..

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Directly to your iPhone music directory so I can click on the Ipod icon and the music appears there?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Once again Apple tells me what I can and can not do with a product I purchased from them...Its frustrating. I just wish they would give us the option to pay for "A" specific want. Its apparently all about the $$..... It is what it is.

I really appreciate the input guys.

if they only allowed you to play songs from the iTUnes store then yes, but your can import any mp3s to itunes library so whats the problem again?

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
if they only allowed you to play songs from the iTUnes store then yes, but your can import any mp3s to itunes library so whats the problem again?

Re-read the original question please.....Thx

"Save an emailed MP3 attachment DIRECTLY to the music library on my iPhone".

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Re-read the original question please.....Thx

"Save an emailed MP3 attachment DIRECTLY to the music library on my iPhone".

i understand your trying to skip the step of puting on your PC then adding to your itunes library, but you could of done it 10 times over in the amount of time this thread has been going on

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
You can go PC free and buy everything from the iTunes store. :)

What about songs not on the iTunes Store? Lots of local bands host their own MP3s (for free) on their sites - you can't be PC free there.

Clmacx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
i understand your trying to skip the step of puting on your PC then adding to your itunes library, but you could of done it 10 times over in the amount of time this thread has been going on

Your missing the question once again....The question wasnt difficult to understand. I was not at a computer and wanted to know if a file was "saveable" to the music directory. I wasnt trying to be confrontational nor create issues. I thought and apparently others did to, that it was worth discussing. Thank you for your input though...

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Your missing the question once again....The question wasnt difficult to understand. I was not at a computer and wanted to know if a file was "saveable" to the music directory. I wasnt trying to be confrontational nor create issues. I thought and apparently others did to, that it was worth discussing. Thank you for your input though...

gotcha you just made it sould like apple was preventing your from adding your own mp3s, but yes your correct you cant do it without a PC(yet)

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011

Clmacx said:

Directly to your iPhone music directory so I can click on the Ipod icon and the music appears there?

Well yeah basically.
There is an attachment saver and gremlin or pwntunes. Combine both and u can get songs directly in iPod library :)

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Once again Apple tells me what I can and can not do with a product I purchased from them...Its frustrating.

I agreed with your original post, but to complain that the iPhone doesn't do everything that's possible in the world is a bit much. Name me a single electronic device where the designer doesn't tell you what you "can and can not do" with it. That's an imaginary product.

Complaining that Apple doesn't make an imaginary product is a bit much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.