Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

google_plus_app.jpg

As noted by MacStories, the new Google+ app offering users a number of features related to the company's new social networking service has just gone live in the App Store.
Google+ for mobile makes sharing the right things with the right people a lot simpler. Huddle lets you send super-fast messages to the people you care about most. And no matter where you are, the stream lets you stay in the loop about what your friends are sharing and where they're checking in.

Features:
* Circles let you share the right things with just the right people.
* Stream is where you can get updates from your circles or see what people are saying about things nearby.
* Huddle is super-fast group messaging for everyone in your circles.
Google+ is a free app designed for the iPhone. Google prefers that iPad users directly access Google+ via the web app available at google.com/+.

Article Link: Google+ Debuts in App Store

ps45

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2010
Google's sense of aethetics has always seemed far removed from my own, and this app is no exception.

mjselvig

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
iPad

What? Not for iPad? I was looking forward to getting it on my iPad, because the web app sucks, both the mobile and desktop version. Why? Because not all features works correctly on the desktop version on iPad. And the mobile version... well, it's the mobile version. iPad is no mobile. It is mobile, but more a laptop than a phone/iPod.

labaom

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2009
Its in the iTunes Desktop Store. I tried putting it on my iPod Touch 2g, it says it is not supported. But what doesn't make sense is that it supports iPhone 3g and 3.1 OS or higher?!

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
What? Not for iPad? I was looking forward to getting it on my iPad, because the web app sucks, both the mobile and desktop version. Why? Because not all features works correctly on the desktop version on iPad. And the mobile version... well, it's the mobile version. iPad is no mobile. It is mobile, but more a laptop than a phone/iPod.

Agreed. Disappointing! The mobile web UI is horrible and lacks features as liking comments, editing posts, posting links, sharing posts, editing circle names, and much more.

The desktop web UI would work fine for iPad though, except that Mobile Safari doesn't seem to manage the post boxes. I can't give the status post box focus on my iPad. Perhaps improved in iOS 5?

astrosinmyeyes

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Vienna, Austria
Google+ not compatible with ipod touch

So doesn't feature in app store on ipod, downloaded on mac, sync'ed and then got this message: "The app Google+ was not installed on the ipod xxxxxxxx bexause it is not compatible with this ipod."
HEY GOOGLE! One word: FAIL!!!!:confused:
FACEBOOK might not be all that but at least it works on my ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.